A just for fun risque where is this image.

How well do you know Leeds?
Leodian

A just for fun risque where is this image.

Post by Leodian »

Hoping not to offend with this slightly risqué image I thought it may brighten up this already freezing night. This at least life-size image (probably larger) in the centre area of Leeds recently caught my eye, so when I happened ( ;)) to walk by again on January 15 2015 I took this photo. Now where is it located? The backward reflections may help though I suspect its location may already be very well known! For now though please keep comments cryptic so as not to spoil it for those who do not know where it is.

PS. If this image is considered to be inappropriate for 'Secret Leeds' then I will understand if this thread is removed.
Attachments
006R.jpg
006R.jpg (113.55 KiB) Viewed 55926 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

buffaloskinner

Re: A just for fun risque where is this image.

Post by buffaloskinner »

Nice shot Leo, best this year.

Isnt it near Disneyland?
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Eee she's not even got a vest on.

liits

Post by liits »

Geordie-exile wrote:Eee she's not even got a vest on.
You sound just like my Mum!

LS1

Post by LS1 »

Looks like the back of Victorias Secret on Bank Street. The new gates they have put in are reflected in the window. They look really good though I've not had a chance to look properly who is depicted on them,

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

LS1 wrote:Looks like the back of Victorias Secret on Bank Street. The new gates they have put in are reflected in the window. They look really good though I've not had a chance to look properly who is depicted on them,
Hi LS1. Yes it is the display there for the Victoria's Secret store in the Trinity Leeds centre. The first photo here shows the location of the poster near the start of the covered area from Bank Street into the centre. The second photo shows a view of most of Bank Street looking from near Commercial Street. I must have looked very pervy taking the photos but thankfully only a few people were around when I took them! :oops:

I thought the location would be well known so I expected there to be some cryptic clues such as my 'Secret Leeds' in my first post and probably clues such as people banking on people knowing where it is or three (trinity) guesses. I think my mind works in mysterious ways (well at least when it is working ;) )!
Attachments
View taken Jan 15 2015 on Bank Street just before the covered area into Trinity Leeds.
View taken Jan 15 2015 on Bank Street just before the covered area into Trinity Leeds.
005R.jpg (87.51 KiB) Viewed 55731 times
View looking down Bank Street taken Jan 15 2015.
View looking down Bank Street taken Jan 15 2015.
007R.jpg (84.57 KiB) Viewed 55731 times

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

It's very nearly 4 years since I started this just for fun thread. I have not passed immediately by the location of the window display for many months now but I did on December 11 2018 and was surprised to see that the same display is still there! As shop window displays are usually changed often this is certainly a very long lasting one (perhaps it's been forgotten ;)).

I took the first and second photos below on December 11 2018. The third photo is a repeat of that which I took on January 15 2015 and used to start this thread on January 16 2015 but (at least on my computer) as that photo is no longer being displayed I thought I would reproduce it.
WindowDisplayRearOfVictoriasSecretStoreTrinityCentreLeedsDec112018..jpg
WindowDisplayRearOfVictoriasSecretStoreTrinityCentreLeedsDec112018..jpg (100 KiB) Viewed 54001 times
ViewFromCommercialStreetToRearPartOfTrinityCentreLeedsDec112018..jpg
ViewFromCommercialStreetToRearPartOfTrinityCentreLeedsDec112018..jpg (145.7 KiB) Viewed 54001 times
ViewOfTheDisplayTakenJan152015..jpg
ViewOfTheDisplayTakenJan152015..jpg (92.7 KiB) Viewed 54001 times

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Being in the area on January 24 2023 I noticed that the image was no longer being displayed though it had been until fairly recent. The Victoria's Secret store it was at was closed and I've found that it closed down on January 14 2023. Ah well, a bit of risque fun had finally gone! :)