What is it? where was it ? where is it now?

How well do you know Leeds?
tilly

Post by tilly »

This is were it is now.Just had a look at the first photograph its not the same.? The one i posted is the same has uncle micks but not the one in the first photograph.    
Attachments
__TFMF_eq5hi5qhzqluta3tne4f0hzc_a26bb87b-9fd6-4740-a8bf-23297a819c82_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_eq5hi5qhzqluta3tne4f0hzc_a26bb87b-9fd6-4740-a8bf-23297a819c82_0_main.jpg (252.74 KiB) Viewed 9350 times
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

liits

Post by liits »

I think the photo should be added to “Things you don’t see anymore”. Those two lads are wearing balaclavas and gabardine rain coats.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

tilly wrote: This is were it is now.Just had a look at the first photograph its not the same.? The one i posted is the same has uncle micks but not the one in the first photograph.     I think it is the same statue. There looks to be a piece missing from behind the left thigh of "Peter" in the photo from the Canal Gardens that was there in the original photo.

LS1

Post by LS1 »

The statue used to be located at the entrance to the park that is next to the Roundhay Fox pub. It was here for may years, perhaps 25 years ago or so. If I remember correctly it's right arm was vandalised and stolen, hence A) why you see the arm today in a slightly different position, and also I think you can see where it was repaired and soldered, and B) why it was then relocated to the entrance of Tropical world when the entrance was where today's exit is.It was armless for sometime I think too (come on, who's going to be the first to comment on the - Cnosni ;-) )I just hope in it's present location it doesn't get vandalised and "de-armed"

Si

Post by Si »

Jogon wrote: Si wrote: LS1 wrote: I'm not sure Peter Pan had a flute did he? Pan pipes? Sibirth certificate saidPan, Peter Groan...

Jan B

Re: What is it? where was it ? where is it now?

Post by Jan B »

The Peter Pan type statue is no longer on public display. I got in touch with Leeds City council a few years ago and was told it's in their archive department now - no idea where this is though. It was lovely to see the photos of the statue ! Years ago my late grandmother would always take me ( when a child) to visit the statue but sadly we didn't have a camera then.

buffaloskinner

Re: What is it? where was it ? where is it now?

Post by buffaloskinner »

It may be kept here in the Discovery Centre, seems this is the building with all the items which are not currently on display:-

https://museumsandgalleries.leeds.gov.u ... ry-centre/

Had a tour last year and it was very interesting.

:arrow:
Attachments
Leeds Discovery Centre.jpg
Leeds Discovery Centre.jpg (189.03 KiB) Viewed 8590 times
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?