Infamous Sons & Daughters of Leeds

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

wiggy wrote: anyone remember barry prudham,from seacroft? I don't remember him and I'm from Seacroft and was still living there in the 80's - I've Googled the name but not turned anything up.Can anyone expand on this?
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

iansmithofotley

Post by iansmithofotley »

Hi raveydavey,Take a look at this:http://www.murderuk.com/serial_barry_pe ... en.htmlThe spelling of the surname is wrong, it is not Pruden (Google - Barry Prudham and Barry Prudom for further information). Prior to this episode, from memory, I think that Prudham was originally in custody for offences in the Kirklees area and escaped from the Police Station. Once on the run then the saga started. Again, from memory, the senior investigating officer was Andy Sloan (possible A.C.C. at the time) from West Yorkshire. Sloan called in the survival expert Eddie Mc Gee (Ex S.A.S.) for advice and he became known as 'The Sloan Ranger'. Both of Eddie's sons served in the Leeds Police (Eddie Jnr. and Perry). The guy who really led the hunt on the ground in the Malton area was C/I David Clarkson who I think was in charge of the Task Force at the time. David later became heavily involved in the Policing of the Miner's Strike in 1984 and I believe that he was at 'The Battle of Orgreave'. He later became Chief Superintendent and commanding officer of Leeds South Division based at Holbeck. Funnily enough he now lives in the Malton area.West Yorkshire Police played a large part in the pursuit of Prudham because of logistics, manpower and expertise. Although the police officers were both shot in the North Yorkshire Police area, that force was quite small in comparison with West Yorkshire in terms of logistics, etc.Ian.    

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Well I guess we are going to have to add Colin Norris now as a mass muderer who lived and worked in leeds!
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

madm00se

Post by madm00se »

No real point to this message, but I'd just like to say that strangely enough, the woods where Barry Prudham shot a police officer is the same woods that a black prostitue from Bradford was found AND Leanne Tiernan was dumped after she'd been murdered.

Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

I know of a Eugene Lacy, who lives somewhere near me. They are a bit of a notorious family and he will be around 70 yrs old or so now? He has about 5 children, all in their 30's and 40's and 3 of the lads are named after him! Don't know if this is the same bloke, but it's a very unusual name for it not to be? I'll ask my hubby, he used to play rugby with one of the aforementioned sons.

Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

madm00se, would that be Lindley Wood? It is such a beautiful place, have been walking there countless times, it's a shame those criminals chose it as a location for their evil wrong-doings.

Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Home of Owney Madden, Springfield Terrace from the 1890 OS map, courtesy of LeedsIndexers.    
Attachments
__TFMF_xwa0lhq4hoxbhv55u0rtfzzc_49b80ae5-16f8-473a-9e98-0781cc89519a_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_xwa0lhq4hoxbhv55u0rtfzzc_49b80ae5-16f8-473a-9e98-0781cc89519a_0_main.jpg (75.84 KiB) Viewed 3564 times
http://www.siddles.me.ukYou can take a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.Stan Laurel.

fevlad

Post by fevlad »

wiggy wrote: oldleedsman wrote: Peter Sutcliffe didn't live in Leeds (Manningham) but many of his awful crimes were carried out there. I remember the handwriting of the so-called Geordie Ripper on adverts all over the buses. 'IT' lived in heaton,not manningham. and bingley
I went down to the crossroads and got down on my knees

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

fevlad wrote: wiggy wrote: oldleedsman wrote: Peter Sutcliffe didn't live in Leeds (Manningham) but many of his awful crimes were carried out there. I remember the handwriting of the so-called Geordie Ripper on adverts all over the buses. 'IT' lived in heaton,not manningham. and bingley He was born in Bingley - he lived with his wife at Heaton, which is up Toller Lane and before you turn left to go to Haworth. The first and last of the murders for which he was convicted happened in Leeds - Wilma McCann and Jaqueline Hill. I've no doubt that there were many others some of which happened in Leeds but we'll probably never know the full truth.    
Industria Omnia Vincit

madm00se

Post by madm00se »

Hi Leeds Lass, yes, it is Lindley Wood. All a bit scary when it's on your doorstep, my parents live just over the other side of the hill from the carpark, and we were on holiday when Barry was at large and a window had been left open for the cat as she'd just had kittens, so you can understand our concern!!