Rubbish fly-tipped by Crag Lane, Alwoodley.

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Leodian

Rubbish fly-tipped by Crag Lane, Alwoodley.

Post by Leodian »

Passing along Crag Lane off King Lane in Alwoodley on Saturday November 13 there was a large pile of fly-tipped rubbish as shown in the attached photo that I took. I was told it was first noticed on Friday and that Leeds City Council had been informed. It was a health hazard and unsightly but clearly whoever dumped it was not bothered. It was still there on Monday but was not when I passed by today (Wednesday). I would hope that who dumped it gets caught but sadly that may be unlikely. Fly-tipping must seem a very easy thing to do.
RubbishCragLaneAlwoodleyNov132021..jpg
RubbishCragLaneAlwoodleyNov132021..jpg (238.4 KiB) Viewed 7538 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Jann

Re: Rubbish fly-tipped by Crag Lane, Alwoodley.

Post by Jann »

Terrible that some idiot thinks it’s ok to dump rubbish wherever they want

tilly

Post by tilly »

If they find them they should be made to do community service picking up rubbish for a month.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

A report dated February 7 2023 in the Yorkshire Evening Post (YEP) website states a man was given a 39-week prison sentence, suspended for 18 months, together with 300 hours of unpaid work at Kirklees Magistrates Court after pleading guilty to a series of fly-tipping-related offences. One of those was said to be on Craig Lane in Alwoodley but that will be a YEP error that should be Crag Lane as an accompanying photo was very similar to that I used at the start of this topic and there is no Craig Lane in Alwoodley. This is a link to the YEP report https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... il-4017831
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Jann

Post by Jann »

Disgusting that people think it’s acceptable to fly tip their rubbish, all this person had to do was drive it to a local council tip -they obviously had some form of transport to fly tip , too soft giving a sentence that’s suspended! All their fly tipped rubbish is left for other people to clear up and disposed of properly.

tilly

Post by tilly »

They should take their vehicle and sell it to pay for all the costs they incur removing tipped rubbish.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.