A very large tyre dumped in Adel Woods.

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Leodian

A very large tyre dumped in Adel Woods.

Post by Leodian »

It may not really be a Secret Leeds topic but I thought it would do for the General Chat section in view of what seems to be ever increasing dumping/fly tipping everywhere.

During a stroll in Adel Woods yesterday (July 16 2021) I could not miss seeing a very large tyre that had been dumped. Its dumping is recent as it was not there a week or so back. In view of its size (and likely heavy weight) it must have taken some effort to get it there even rolling it! It was by a track near the sports grounds so it may, or may not, have come from there. I however doubt that the sports clubs would dump it and so 'joy dumpers' may have done so. I have attached 2 photos of the 16.9 R24 Radial tyre that must have been at least 4 foot in diameter.
DumpedLargeTyreAdelWoodsTakenJuly162021(1)..jpg
DumpedLargeTyreAdelWoodsTakenJuly162021(1)..jpg (227.72 KiB) Viewed 2698 times
DumpedLargeTyreAdelWoodsTakenJuly162021(2)..jpg
DumpedLargeTyreAdelWoodsTakenJuly162021(2)..jpg (181.55 KiB) Viewed 2698 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

jma

Re: A very large tyre dumped in Adel Woods.

Post by jma »

Fly tipping is repugnant and it should be of concern to everybody. One real problem is that if the waste isn't cleared immediately, it will be much worse in no time at all. The procedure for reporting this in Leeds in now quite streamlined and can be completed online. The Council can't be everwhare looking for fly tipping but I've found they are quick to act on reports.

https://www.leeds.gov.uk/antisocial-beh ... ly-tipping

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

jma wrote:
Sat 17 Jul, 2021 6:12 pm
Fly tipping is repugnant and it should be of concern to everybody. One real problem is that if the waste isn't cleared immediately, it will be much worse in no time at all. The procedure for reporting this in Leeds in now quite streamlined and can be completed online. The Council can't be everwhare looking for fly tipping but I've found they are quick to act on reports.

https://www.leeds.gov.uk/antisocial-beh ... ly-tipping
Hi jma :).

Thanks for the very useful link that I was not aware of.

Depending on the weather I normally have a stroll that passes by the site every week or two, so I shall wait to see if the tyre has been removed. As far as I'm aware at least that part of Adel Woods is council owned.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I passed by today for the first time since seeing the tyre and I noticed that it was not there, so thanks to whoever removed it or arranged for that to be done. :)