'Toddy Bow' tags on a tree in Alwoodley Plantation, north Leeds.

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
tilly

Re: 'Toddy Bow' tags on a tree in Alwoodley Plantation, north Leeds.

Post by tilly »

Leodian wrote:
Wed 07 Apr, 2021 6:00 pm
Thanks also now for the inputs by blackprince and TABBYCAT. :)

PS. You say tilly "I must add there are not many bells ringing at my age". A bit of quiet should be a good thing as in the words of The Tremeloes late 1960s hit record 'Silence is Golden'. ;)
I must say i have always been a loner either fishing or metal detecting or photography im not a stick in the mud but thats just how i am .
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

tilly wrote:
Wed 07 Apr, 2021 8:26 pm
Leodian wrote:
Wed 07 Apr, 2021 6:00 pm
Thanks also now for the inputs by blackprince and TABBYCAT. :)

PS. You say tilly "I must add there are not many bells ringing at my age". A bit of quiet should be a good thing as in the words of The Tremeloes late 1960s hit record 'Silence is Golden'. ;)
I must say i have always been a loner either fishing or metal detecting or photography im not a stick in the mud but thats just how i am .
Hi tilly :).

Your mention of fishing and metal reminded me that during a stroll I had about a couple of weeks back in the Brewery Wharf area of Leeds some men were magnetic fishing and had just pulled out what looked like a hand gun! They were clearly elated to have 'fished' something interesting and keenly showed me it. They said they had thought it was a hand gun but on checking closer they thought it was an air pistol. I don't know what they did after but they did say some while back a little further up river they pulled up what looked looked like a bomb but it turned out not to be, so perhaps that was an incident that was reported to the police and also in the local press.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

tilly

Post by tilly »

I have seen a lot of magnet fishing videos on tv they can find all sorts of things the trouble is you can only do so much with your time. What with photography and fishing not a lot of time left keep posting your photographs all the best stay safe .

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

The first post in this thread is a photo I took on April 2 2021 of the 'Toddy' and 'Bow' tags on a tree. I have seen them there in occasional walks since but passing by on March 9 2022 I noticed that the tags have been removed and in their place each had a tiny red heart-shaped crystal. I now suspect that Toddy and Bow were names of pets and that the tree has some significance to them. I've attached a photo I took on March 9 2022 showing (just!) the 2 crystals and where the tags had been.
ToddyBowTagsNotThereMar092022..jpg
ToddyBowTagsNotThereMar092022..jpg (250.81 KiB) Viewed 1378 times

tilly

Post by tilly »

Hi Leodian if you look at the tree it looks like a teddy bear or it does to me,i dont know if it has any bearing on the matter .Excuse the pun.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

tilly wrote:
Sat 12 Mar, 2022 9:24 am
Hi Leodian if you look at the tree it looks like a teddy bear or it does to me,i dont know if it has any bearing on the matter .Excuse the pun.
Hi tilly. :)
Yes the growths on the right do have a good resemblance to a teddy bear.
It would be interesting if anyone knows what Toddy and Bow referred to as the heart-shaped crystals would seem to imply those names have sentimental value to someone.