Leodis Upgraded ??

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
iansmithofotley

Re: Leodis Upgraded ??

Post by iansmithofotley »

Hi Geordie-exile,

Thank you, I am aware of the message and I sent a message to the author at the time.

Ian

jma

Post by jma »

If it's not confidential, was it yet another Yorkshire Ripper exposé?

iansmithofotley

Post by iansmithofotley »

Hi Mick,

It never got that far, so I don't know. No doubt like many others, I get requests for information on cases that I was involved with all the time, by Email, on websites and even by letters to my home. I even had enquiries made to the Membership Secretary of my Sailing Club asking for my contact details. I have absolutely no time for the Press or Media. I was always told, as a young detective in the late 1960's to never, ever, speak to the press under any circumstances. I have always remembered this advice and stuck to it during my Police Service and since I retired. The reason being is because they get what information they want, leave out what they don't want, often giving a completely different slant or interpretation on what was said in the first place, with no conscience. They then leave you 'high and dry' to face the consequences and, when questioned about their conduct, try to make out that they were 'only doing their job' and try to justify their behaviour. I think that I was given very good advice by my colleagues and mentors and I have always stuck to it.

Ian

jma

Post by jma »

Ian

That just about sums it up for me too, although I never got involved with many big cases.

Mick

jma

Post by jma »

I see there's been a change back to showing contributors' names. That means that contributions which include the names of earlier contributors make more sense.