What Secret Leeds subject surprised you the most?

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
SKE

What Secret Leeds subject surprised you the most?

Post by SKE »

I've discovered some amazing things about Leeds thanks to this forum, from suburban lions to hidden bunkers and dolphins in swimming pools. You really couldn't write this stuff... but you did.

So through thousands of posts, which have either surprised you the most or just struck a chord with you?

SKE

Re: What Secret Leeds subject surprised you the most?

Post by SKE »

Well that went down a storm.

warringtonrhino

Post by warringtonrhino »

Not everyone on this forum spend 24/7 on their devices, you have to allow members to read digest and respond in their own time. One of the things which I appreciate, is that responses are often well researched and encourage further discussion. It's not a speed dating site :) :)

SKE

Post by SKE »

Yep. I dont live on my device and I'm not a speed dater either 😊

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

That the Scarborough Hotel ( Taps ) was having some work done archeologists unearthed a cellar with 600 bottles still in pristine condition . Perhaps some one can add even more info. to it.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

volvojack wrote:
Sun 09 Aug, 2020 4:17 pm
That the Scarborough Hotel ( Taps ) was having some work done archeologists unearthed a cellar with 600 bottles still in pristine condition . Perhaps some one can add even more info. to it.
Hi Jack :).
I assume you mean the discovery of the bottles that was reported in March this year (2020) but it was not at the Scarbrough Hotel (I think that Scarbrough is the correct spelling) but was at the site of a Scarborough Castle Inn that used to be at the Tetley brewery site. This is a link to a report in the Yorkshire Evening Post website (you may have to see many adverts in the report). https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... te-2504055
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

I am also surprised at the Joke thread being closed down apart from one so called joke being removed i don't think there as been any other that warranted this. there must be some other reason. I, for one will miss this and i guess so will tilly as we were possibly the ones who posted the most. I also will miss the drawings of warrington rhino who did not post them often, they excellent

warringtonrhino

Post by warringtonrhino »

:lol: I can still 'accidentally' post my cartoons in other topics :lol: :lol: :lol:

tilly

Post by tilly »

Closing down the joke thread means im gone from S/L we dont like it so we will close it does not go down well with me.That thread has kept the site going when things have been quite.I can live without S/L in my life so on principal i am leaving keep up the good work .Sid.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Likewise tilly, i shall not bother anymore.This joke page had 203,717 views so some folks must have liked it. how many other subjects can boast this ?. Any road up i'm off with great regret. i really have enjoyed it.