Secret Leeds Website

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
TABBYCAT

Re: Secret Leeds Website

Post by TABBYCAT »

After reading JMA's post I thought I would have a mess around to see what's happening as it seemed to be based on how quickly someone posts.

With some experimentation I have discovered the logged out problem seems to be down to a time element insomuch as if you log in, scribble a quick few lines and hit submit then all's well, however if you spend a bit of time composing before hitting submit then indeed you end up being logged out.
The time period I've found is ridiculously short and I'm at a loss to understand why it happens here as I'm on three other forums using the same forum software and this doesn't happen.

The quick answer I've found is to type my posts in word/note pad , copy them , log in and paste the contents into the composition box. If any photo's need to be added then edit the post and quickly attach the photos.

EDIT.
I would add that I have had to do this twice. I typed it out then hit submit like a bloody fool before copying the post only to find I was logged out!!!

jma

Re: Secret Leeds Website

Post by jma »

It sounds as though the software is like me: very short memory for what's happened in the last few minutes.

I've just noticed that somehow by logging on with remember me and then not logging off at the end of a session, when I have returned it has indeed remembered me and, in this context, has allowed me to post without problems. I don't know what I did to achieve that. I can only guess that logging on and not attempting to post before exiting without logging off - thus avoiding the frustration of losing a submitted post - means that on return when still logged on - remembered by the software - trouble-free posting is possible.

In short

HIT "REMEMBER ME" AT LOG ON.

DO NOT POST

EXIT, WITHOUT LOGGING OFF

RETURN TO THE FORUM WHEN ALL SHOULD BE OK