fish and Chips

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
volvojack

Re: fish and Chips

Post by volvojack »

Apologies Tyke Bhoy,
At 83 and sinking maybe i should let our lass check all of my future postings. My niece Angela does live in Aspen Colorado but my other niece Karen lives lin Atlanta with her family.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Tilly,
Well we went to Leeds again and decided to give The Skyliner another try. Big mistake - they were just like last time, both fish and chips were overcooked, we should have known as Friday night they are usually queuing out the door. They were awful. Luckily The Brown Cow at Whitkirk was serving meals and there was a good choice of fare.
Visiting the family as per usual and we're now back in Gloucester.
regards Jack

tilly

Post by tilly »

Hi Jack try the Bearded Sailor in Pudsey its near the main traffic lights it won a Yorkshire Post
award this year all the best Sid.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

tilly

Post by tilly »

Hi Jack try the Bearded Sailor in Pudsey its near the main traffic lights it won a Yorkshire Post
award this year all the best Sid. :)
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Cerainly won't be the Skyliner,would not have them given free...... The Sunday night went into"Brown Cow" which was opposite to where we were staying. The pub was heaving and with the England match plus these rollover fruit machines the pub must have taken a fortune

DynamiteDaz

Post by DynamiteDaz »

Some of the nicest fish and chips i've had in Leeds have been from Rockfords in Killingbeck. They even deliver if youre close enough (and delivered in the 90s which was mind blowing to me, first chippy I ever seen deliver!)

Some of the better ones in the city centre have shut, and the only one I really liked in Horsforth has shut (though nkt because the chap killed his wife, as I thought in the gruesome discoveries thread!)

Graveleys is usually a decent shout down Beeston but just dont go on a game day!!

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Ref the Fish shop owner in Horseforth who killed his wife i guess he BATTERED her to death Apologies Daz but thought i would post this before Tilly.

DynamiteDaz

Post by DynamiteDaz »

volvojack wrote:
Thu 12 Sep, 2019 8:29 am
Ref the Fish shop owner in Horseforth who killed his wife i guess he BATTERED her to death Apologies Daz but thought i would post this before Tilly.
Theres a time and a plaice for that!

harrym1byt

Post by harrym1byt »

volvojack wrote:
Thu 06 Jun, 2019 6:58 pm
We are drivinng up to Leeds this week and need to be recommended to a Good fish and chip restaurant as last time the "Sky Liner" was poor (wonder if it had changed hands) also somewhere to eat Pub style. Help.........
Not just me then? It was poor the last time I went in there too, chips very dry and tough.

Not much of a restaurant, but they have a few tables and they are mostly take-away, closing at 7pm most days. Garforth Main street, on the west side, about the middle of the shops. They do a very nice meal deal, haddock, great chips and peas or gravy for £3.60. Best in the area for many miles, half the price of the Skyliner and in my opinion much better.