Joke of the Week

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
blackprince

Re: Joke of the Week

Postby blackprince » Sun 24 Nov, 2019 10:34 am

tilly wrote:
Sat 23 Nov, 2019 7:42 pm
Hi blackprince Just goes to show when you get old you start repeating yourself.Just goes to show when you get old you start repeating yourself.He He.Whats the odds of posting the same joke on the same day one year later i promise i did not know i had already posted it.
Hi Tilly, Big mix up ! My comment was about the very 1st post on this thread by BS ( May16, 2017).
I accidentally attached it as a comment to your joke, which as far as I know you posted only once.
Mea Culpa ( =My Bad , for any millennials among us, which I doubt very much)
-BP
It used to be said that the statue of the Black Prince had been placed in City Square , near the station, pointing South to tell all the southerners who've just got off the train to b****r off back down south!
tilly

Postby tilly » Sun 24 Nov, 2019 1:25 pm

Hi blackprince i thought it was too good to be true no problem, well i know my brain cells are still working partly at least.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.
volvojack

Postby volvojack » Sun 24 Nov, 2019 6:50 pm

My wife and i have decided we do not want children.
We shall be telling them tonight at dinner.

My grandfathers favourite saying was "As one door closes another one opens" Only problem was he was a cabinet maker by trade.
mhoulden

Postby mhoulden » Mon 25 Nov, 2019 1:21 am

Hi folks. If we're going to keep this thread open can we keep the politics out of it? Thanks.

volvojack

Postby volvojack » Tue 26 Nov, 2019 7:57 am

Some people are strange e.g. our young neighhbors who have hardly spoken to us since they moved in two years ago yet yesterday after we heard them having a blazing row the husband came over and if i would help him bury this rolled up carpet in the woods. It seems his wife has gone back to her mothers and won't be returning.
snowman1

Postby snowman1 » Tue 26 Nov, 2019 4:53 pm

paddy goes to the doctors complaining of stomach pains doctors says i cant find anything wrong with you it must be the drink paddy replies never mind i will come back when you are sober.
volvojack

Postby volvojack » Wed 27 Nov, 2019 6:08 pm

Hymy Blumberg was brought up to be a devout jew and when the Kingsway Cinema on Harrogate Road closed down and it became the 64th. Vilna synagouge it became as he lived opposite . Recently he read that a buider had won £105 million on the National lottery and was he having financial trouble with his business on the Friday night he went into the synagouge and asked the Lord "Please let me also
have a win as i have led a good life and brought up my family corrwent by and on the Friday night he prayed to the Lord "I am desperate my factory has been taken over, my wife has gone back to her mothers and still i read that some Yok has won a fortune on this Lottery.2
Following Friday Hymy is even more desperate and he prostrates himself on the synagouge floor. "Lord lord have asked for anything from you and for the first time i do you ababdon me"
Suddenly there is crack of thunder and a flash of lightning, the heavens open a voice from above says "Hymy, this is your God speaking, i would like to help you but please meet me halfway and Buy A Ticket"
dsco
Site Admin

Postby dsco » Thu 28 Nov, 2019 12:55 pm

Enough of the racist, sexist, bigoted, and politically questionable jokes. I'm going to delete this entire thread if I see another one, I'm thoroughly sick of it. Polite requests have been made many times and it just carries on regardless. It ends now!
Contact me via [email protected] if you have any questions or comments about the site.

hicklingmick

Postby hicklingmick » Thu 28 Nov, 2019 2:09 pm

These types of jokes have been going for as long as my 72 yrs can remember..

its only the snowflakes of nowadays that they offend.
volvojack

Postby volvojack » Thu 28 Nov, 2019 7:21 pm

hicklingmick wrote:
Thu 28 Nov, 2019 2:09 pm
These types of jokes have been going for as long as my 72 yrs can remember..

its only the snowflakes of nowadays that they offend.

Whilst i agree as to it not correct to offend other posters i can honestly say that i have never posted anything malicious or doubtful. I have possibly put on as many.if not more. to me it was "Joke of the week" and was meant to be just that.
I for one would be sad to see this thread closed.

Hey up Hickling mick, I wll be 84 years next month (God willing)