Empire Arcade

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
slw

Post by slw »

Can anyone remember what shops were in the Empire Arcade before it was closed down and turned in Havey Nichols.We have just been having a discussion about it and we can remember the large newsagents on the right handside, a hairdressers and Quasar but not much else.Apologies if this has been posted before.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Wasn't there an expensive Grnets' hairdressers in there and a model shop? Certainly an 'Alternative' clothes shop - where I got my first leather jeans from!

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

chameleon wrote: Wasn't there an expensive Grnets' hairdressers in there and a model shop? Certainly an 'Alternative' clothes shop - where I got my first leather jeans from! Britannia Models, used to use it all the time!
Love a Landrover

Ro-Man

Post by Ro-Man »

What about Black Cat records, a second hand shop in the late 80s / early 90s? I think that was down in the bottom right hand corner.Vinyl downstairs and tapes upstairs. Not sure about CDs, as my pocket money would only stretch to tapes.

JanCee

Post by JanCee »

T

oldleedsman

Post by oldleedsman »

Towards the end there was one of those laser places where you shot each other with guns wasn't there?

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

oldleedsman wrote: Towards the end there was one of those laser places where you shot each other with guns wasn't there? I thought that were in that arcade opposite Burger King on briggate.
Love a Landrover

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

rangieowner wrote: oldleedsman wrote: Towards the end there was one of those laser places where you shot each other with guns wasn't there? I thought that were in that arcade opposite Burger King on briggate. in fact i'm almost positive! it were called 'QUASAR' and it were the door with the triangular arrows on the floor outside in the style of a fast forwad icon!
Love a Landrover

LS1

Post by LS1 »

rangieowner wrote: rangieowner wrote: oldleedsman wrote: Towards the end there was one of those laser places where you shot each other with guns wasn't there? I thought that were in that arcade opposite Burger King on briggate. in fact i'm almost positive! it were called 'QUASAR' and it were the door with the triangular arrows on the floor outside in the style of a fast forwad icon! Yeah I remember that. It was rubbish. they had/ still have one at Sweet Street Bowling alley. I also remember there being an upstairs to the Empire Arcade I think. I was young so someone may want to correct me on that!

JanCee

Post by JanCee »

Leodis as ever:
Attachments
__TFMF_aj323rap5jaktw55g1fpvueq_f8a08320-4a9d-4a96-a7cc-ffd838a711af_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_aj323rap5jaktw55g1fpvueq_f8a08320-4a9d-4a96-a7cc-ffd838a711af_0_main.jpg (41 KiB) Viewed 3623 times