Leodis can you help / What Where

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Sorry if I've got the wrong place for this, ie may be buildings etc.But I saw one I thought I knew.It kinda looked familiar from my Royal Park days.Looks like Kelsall Avenue photographed from the higher ground across Alexandra Road.Road does not go through to Burley Lodge Rd and part of Armley Prison visible in distance?Any thoughts.http://goo.gl/maps/tzP0t    

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

Jogon wrote: Sorry if I've got the wrong place for this, ie may be buildings etc.But I saw one I thought I knew.It kinda looked familiar from my Royal Park days.Looks like Kelsall Avenue photographed from the higher ground across Alexandra Road.Road does not go through to Burley Lodge Rd and part of Armley Prison visible in distance?Any thoughts.http://goo.gl/maps/tzP0t     Nice shot..........there's always the obligatory dog featured in these old photo's ! Note washing line straddling the street and the half finished paint job on the corner shop.Hard to put a date,tried looking at cars featured....mid/late 1970's ????Don't know location however.    
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !

Hats Off

Post by Hats Off »

Jogon wrote: Sorry if I've got the wrong place for this, ie may be buildings etc.But I saw one I thought I knew.It kinda looked familiar from my Royal Park days.Looks like Kelsall Avenue photographed from the higher ground across Alexandra Road.Road does not go through to Burley Lodge Rd and part of Armley Prison visible in distance?Any thoughts.http://goo.gl/maps/tzP0t     I would say you are 100% spot on with Kelsall Avenue.Regards.

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Agree. I knew a young a lady who lived down there.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Gentleman/WimminI think we have solved a " Leodis Can You Help "I've emailed them, thanks.We should do one a day to clear their most wanteds.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

NEXT ONEDescription:c1976-81. Unknown street believed to be somewhere in Blenheim area of Woodhouse.

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

book

Post by book »

Good call, looks a tad like Blackman Lane as well?
Is it me or has Leeds gone mad

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

However.....looking at the Godfrey maps I am thrown into confusion.I think what we now call St Mark's Road was Bagby Road.......and St Mark's road ran along what is now the top of the 'T' of the new bit of Archery Road and the rst is lost under redevelopment.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

cardieI viewed it at 400% & that could be the meanwood valley/ Bus' Lane mills with diagonal scott hall road from centre-right lamp post.Lot less greenery, though that applies to many older photos