Leodis can you help / What Where

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
zip55

Post by zip55 »

There's that dog again

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

zip55 wrote: There's that dog again Drat,do something muttley !
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

somme1916 wrote: zip55 wrote: There's that dog again Drat,do something muttley ! Is that double drat ????dunno what happened there.....must have that index finger looked at !

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

It's not Wood Lane. That's a sewer manhole in the foreground, not that that helps. It feels like otley road to me but nothing to back that up with.

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

I think it's Kirkstall Lane:http://goo.gl/maps/Ge6eLThe lodge now stands at the entrance to the doctors.

claireblue

Post by claireblue »

Spot on Cardi arms, I was miles away on Stonegate Road!

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Good shot Cardie. (I was thinking oer R'hay Park way).

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Ref the snow sceneLeodis write:->>Sincere thanks to 'Cardiearms' for spotting the correct location. It all makes sense now. (We didn't get the dog's name though!)This morning I've had a look at the old maps, directories and on the censuses, and I've found that the lodge (as you will probably know) once belonged to St. Ann's Tower, where Colonel Thomas Richards Harding lived, and was occupied by his coachman. Colonel Harding (as again you will know!) built Tower Works at Holbeck where the fantastic italianate campaniles are sited. The Tower Works site has recently been redeveloped and is looking pretty smart these days. There's an art exhibition in the old engine room at the moment and I saw the interior of it which has relief portraits on the walls of people connected to the textile industry, including one of Colonel Harding.<<

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

Jogon wrote: Ref the snow sceneLeodis write:->>Sincere thanks to 'Cardiearms' for spotting the correct location. It all makes sense now. (We didn't get the dog's name though!)This morning I've had a look at the old maps, directories and on the censuses, and I've found that the lodge (as you will probably know) once belonged to St. Ann's Tower, where Colonel Thomas Richards Harding lived, and was occupied by his coachman. Colonel Harding (as again you will know!) built Tower Works at Holbeck where the fantastic italianate campaniles are sited. The Tower Works site has recently been redeveloped and is looking pretty smart these days. There's an art exhibition in the old engine room at the moment and I saw the interior of it which has relief portraits on the walls of people connected to the textile industry, including one of Colonel Harding.<< Good post that jogon......didn't know any o' that.very interesting.....cheers

Markinleeds

Re: Leodis can you help / What Where

Post by Markinleeds »

Hey, old thread, I know, but I’ve just bought the Lodge in this photo and am about to refurb it to live in :)