Leodis can you help / What Where

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
BJF

Post by BJF »

Caron wrote: Hi Jogon. Followed your map and got Belle View Rd, Scholes. Is that right as I was thinking Belle View Rd near Rosebank/Woodsley Rd etc ? It's Belle VUE not View

Caron

Post by Caron »

BJF wrote: Caron wrote: Hi Jogon. Followed your map and got Belle View Rd, Scholes. Is that right as I was thinking Belle View Rd near Rosebank/Woodsley Rd etc ? It's Belle VUE not View I meant Vue not View. The map takes me to Scholes Belle Vue Road, honest!!!! Keep ya wig on Jogon and go dust my granddads dish!!    

book

Post by book »

Jogon wrote: Helpful ta. Sort of here? http://goo.gl/maps/zAOoFIt has all changed a lot recently and so I cannot place the exact location, anyone able? Yes at the other end of that terrace there was the tattooist shop. Further along the road towards WoodHouse Moor there was a school, probably where the car park is now thats visible on the map in front of the flats. Almost definitely Belle Vue Road at the bend.
Is it me or has Leeds gone mad

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

This may, in part, explain the gap.Numbers 91, 93 and 95 Belle Vue road stood before being demolished by a direct hit from a German bomb during the night of 14-15 March 1941. To the right of the gap is a derelict house.    

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Good work SL FolkRef Kelsall AvenueLeodis, Library & info wrote>>Can You Help? ID: 201287_173952 Just to say a big 'thank you' to everyone who helped us establish the location of this image. As many of you have stated, it is definitely Kelsall Avenue, looking from Alexandra Road, and we have now taken it out of the "Can You Help?" section and updated the text.You can view the image at the same ID number or find it under the location of Hyde Park. You can also enter 'Kelsall Avenue', 'Alexandra Road' or 'Armley Gaol' as key words.Thanks once again; your help and interest in the Leodis website is much appreciated<<While you're here Description:c1976-81. Four-storey semi-detached houses possibly in the Woodhouse/Blenheim area?    

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Jogon wrote: Good work SL FolkRef Kelsall AvenueLeodis, Library & info wrote>>Can You Help? ID: 201287_173952 Just to say a big 'thank you' to everyone who helped us establish the location of this image. As many of you have stated, it is definitely Kelsall Avenue, looking from Alexandra Road, and we have now taken it out of the "Can You Help?" section and updated the text.You can view the image at the same ID number or find it under the location of Hyde Park. You can also enter 'Kelsall Avenue', 'Alexandra Road' or 'Armley Gaol' as key words.Thanks once again; your help and interest in the Leodis website is much appreciated<<     Where's that text on Leodis Jogon?

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

I posted on leodis where we thought it was.They've confirmed it then emailed (I assume) all contributors (had to give my email on their form).This is taken from a hotmail I got tday - don't know if anything shows on leodis itself.Up your way soon, and looking forwards to a Calzone in Ricardos Pizza Restaurant in Lanchester, (clears throat and puts on geordie accent)Eeh the' deed dee lyeuk eftor yee in thor. the scran is canny an' yee want fo' neewt

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Jogon wrote: I posted on leodis where we thought it was.They've confirmed it then emailed (I assume) all contributors (had to give my email on their form).This is taken from a hotmail I got tday - don't know if anything shows on leodis itself.Up your way soon, and looking forwards to a Calzone in Ricardos Pizza Restaurant in Lanchester, (clears throat and puts on geordie accent)Eeh the' deed dee lyeuk eftor yee in thor. the scran is canny an' yee want fo' neewt Ah, email I see. Thanks. Thought I was missing something on Leodis.As to your accent...How man, divvent be a blather skite. Soonds mair leik Scoose than Geordie.Gan canny. Or cairm down, cairm down.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

2 more if you're staying in to avoid bonny night. Come on PhillDescription:c1976-81. Four-storey semi-detached houses possibly in the Woodhouse/Blenheim area?----------------------------------------------SecondDescription:Undated. Wintry scene of a road with a covering of snow, taken sometime around the early part of the 20th century. Three children and a dog can be seen in the foreground. Trees line both sides of the road. The image is part of a series of photographs taken in Woodland Park Road in Headingley so it would be a reasonable assumption that it is somewhere in the vicinity. However, the gradient is not right for Woodland Park Road and there is no building on the old maps that would correspond to the single storey 'lodge-type' building on the left. There is a lodge marked on the maps, which stood on Wood Lane, near the junction with Grove Road. This no longer exists but a high stone wall can be seen on Google maps which is similar to the one in the photograph.Might not be that road?
Attachments
__TFMF_avzqii2jjfvw1a45dqhevv3u_98b20c5b-4c72-4051-a4f6-5e017493640f_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_avzqii2jjfvw1a45dqhevv3u_98b20c5b-4c72-4051-a4f6-5e017493640f_0_main.jpg (74.19 KiB) Viewed 15931 times

book

Post by book »

The house looks like it could be in Hyde Park area and the winter scene looks like the area around Carnegie, maybe up near the old water beds.The house has a church building to the far side with what looks like a stained glass window, it could be either just off Headingley Lane opposite the old Leeds Girls High School or Chapletown Rd ?
Is it me or has Leeds gone mad