Leodis can you help / What Where

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

Jogon wrote: NEXT ONEDescription:c1976-81. Unknown street believed to be somewhere in Blenheim area of Woodhouse. The old streets/roads of Leeds certainly had a lot more character back then....much more interesting(in most cases) than the blander stuff you see today.
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

You're right there.

BJF

Post by BJF »

Blackman Lane. On the left is the shop built in to the end of the terrace that makes up Blenheim Square. The little building was a taxi office now a take away. The houses on the right have gone.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Blackman Lane looks right, thanks.NEXT :- DescriptionUndated. Unidentified terraced houses with some demoliton having taken place in foreground.nb - upper mid-left on horizon left of tree is a street lamp.initial thoughts are Westfield Rd looking up at Belle Vue Rd. Lot of newbuild in recent years but for ages open brick footings of older demolished housing cut into hillside.    

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

That's my thoughts too.

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

BJF wrote: Blackman Lane. On the left is the shop built in to the end of the terrace that makes up Blenheim Square. The little building was a taxi office now a take away. The houses on the right have gone. We have a winner!http://goo.gl/maps/TX5Vx

book

Post by book »

Looks like Belle View Road. As the road bends, you can see it if you look under the branch of the tree there was once a tattooist shop.
Is it me or has Leeds gone mad

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Helpful ta. Sort of here? http://goo.gl/maps/zAOoFIt has all changed a lot recently and so I cannot place the exact location, anyone able?

Caron

Post by Caron »

Hi Jogon. Followed your map and got Belle View Rd, Scholes. Is that right as I was thinking Belle View Rd near Rosebank/Woodsley Rd etc ?

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Oh for crying out loud !Yeah the one opposite the Rutland Pub that sweeps down into Leeds from Hyde Park and pops out by Park Ln College.Not this google "pick a place - any place" mallarky again.We've already been to Clarendon Road down south. Your trip to scholes scuppers my theory that 'they know where you live' and give the nearest result then.