Mods and Rockers in Leeds in the 60's

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
ArmleyLass47

Post by ArmleyLass47 »

Hi sorry for the late replies I am just going to give but I couldnt get back in having lost my password.blackprince, yes my hair was odd shaped laugh/I used to cut it myself. I have some great photosof being a mod but still dont know how to put photoson this site so you will just have to imagine what itlooked like LS13, Three Coins was a coffee bar upstairs and thedancing took place downstairs. I used to drink orangejuice. You had to get tanked up somewhere cheap atYates Wine Lodge and Whitelocks. The others did do thedrugs but I was a good girl laugh. You had to be 21 todrink in those days and being a young looking girl andsmall it was hard for me to get away with looking 21 withwhite lipstick on even when I was 30 laugh. I also still have a photo, although a little faded that wastaken in City Square of all the users of that time who wentto the clubs Nobody was afraid to tell you or admit in in those days to other kids. Probably didnt tell theirparents though.
On Ilkla Moor ba'tat!!!

LS13

Post by LS13 »

I'd love to see the photos Armleylass and anyone elses 60's Mod and Rocker photos. Sign up to Photobucket, its free, then upload your pictures , click on the code and paste into here- easy!

blackprince

Post by blackprince »

LS13 wrote: I'd love to see the photos Armleylass and anyone elses 60's Mod and Rocker photos. Sign up to Photobucket, its free, then upload your pictures , click on the code and paste into here- easy! Me too- i'm sure it was very fetching.Vidal Sassoon died recently and they mentioned his signature lop sided cut from the 1960's about the same time as Armley Lass recalled her mod haircut. I remember Vidals shop on Briggate(?) in the mid 60's with very large B&W photos of that haircut. Very different from the beehive style which was popular a few years earlier. That exhausts my knowledge of ladies hairstyles -almost non-existant- as my wife will confirm.
It used to be said that the statue of the Black Prince had been placed in City Square , near the station, pointing South to tell all the southerners who've just got off the train to b****r off back down south!

ArmleyLass47

Post by ArmleyLass47 »

I am hoping to attach a photo of my hair, unfortunately you cannot see the cut side on this photo and will try and find it. I have about 3,000 photos to sort through laugh.
Attachments
__TFMF_5i4jr2yg5nwag5mvffo1tiir_429d1df0-c1c5-4470-8bb2-f55cbbb74b16_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_5i4jr2yg5nwag5mvffo1tiir_429d1df0-c1c5-4470-8bb2-f55cbbb74b16_0_main.jpg (3.47 KiB) Viewed 9822 times
On Ilkla Moor ba'tat!!!

ArmleyLass47

Post by ArmleyLass47 »

Hooray, thats the first photo I have done after nearly 2 years laugh.Achievement even at my age laugh.
On Ilkla Moor ba'tat!!!

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

ArmleyLass47 wrote: Hooray, thats the first photo I have done after nearly 2 years laugh.Achievement even at my age laugh. Well done ArmleyLass47. It was a great feeling when I managed to do my first post with a photo (it took me long enough to work out how to do it!). PS. Nice cut.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

trophy

Post by trophy »

my 67 trophy the green one and my mates thunderbird.

blackprince

Post by blackprince »

ArmleyLass47 wrote: I am hoping to attach a photo of my hair, unfortunately you cannot see the cut side on this photo and will try and find it. I have about 3,000 photos to sort through laugh. Congrats on passing that milestone Armley Lass ( 1st photo posted!). 1 down only 2999 to go! Maybe Leodis would be interested in some of your photos from that era. I sent them some of mine from the 60's & early 70's which they have used. None of my 60's hairstyle though which is best left to the imagination!
It used to be said that the statue of the Black Prince had been placed in City Square , near the station, pointing South to tell all the southerners who've just got off the train to b****r off back down south!

trophy

Post by trophy »

my 67 650cc trophy the green one and a mates thunderbird.

ArmleyLass47

Post by ArmleyLass47 »

I managed to find the photo I mentioned of the IN crowd of the Three Coins in about 64/66. Dont know how many of them are alive now.Will try and get it on and hope its not like the biggest photo in the World. I am not on the photo as I wasnt in the IN crowd. Hey ho here we go!!!!!
On Ilkla Moor ba'tat!!!