Famous Sons of Leeds

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Scandy Bramley

Post by Scandy Bramley »

TABBYCAT wrote: Hi Scandy-B re Jake Thakrays birthplace I think Wilkiwasname might have got this one slightly wrong. I tend to believe this site nearer the mark.http://www.jakethackray.com/index.php?o ... 5#1562Also Big-s don,t forget Willis Halls Playmate Keith Waterhouseand Leek Street flats very own Andy Mason (ex wakefield trinity) Looks like I stand corrected, oh Tabby one! (bloody ginners - GRRR!) :-)))
You can take the lad out of Leeds - but you can't take the Leeds out of the lad.

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

I used to go to the same school as Tonicha Geronimo (sorry if i spelled it wrong) who played Linda Glover in Emmerdale, she's not technically from Leeds but i thought i'd give it a bash!
Love a Landrover

Scarlet_Diva

Post by Scarlet_Diva »

Ian R P wrote: ps Kaiser Chiefs don't count. Sorry for bumpin' in - But can I ask why T'Chiefs don't count?
i made a shrine to whine.....

Scandy Bramley

Post by Scandy Bramley »

My ex wife's sister went out with Jeff Christie of "Yellow River" fame.Now, he allus said he was from Harrogate - but a mate of mine sez Jeff is a Loiner....anyone confirm this?
You can take the lad out of Leeds - but you can't take the Leeds out of the lad.

carrotol

Post by carrotol »

What about that irritating Bo Selecta guy? Lee summat

bigpants

Post by bigpants »

carrotol wrote: What about that irritating Bo Selecta guy? Lee summat Lea francis I believe, and of course his character name Avid Merrion should sound familiar to all fans of dodgy old shopping centres...

Tyler

Post by Tyler »

The guy that plays Neville Longbottom in Harry Potter lives in Horsforth, he sometimes attends my school's sixth form parties. Very nice guy actualy from what I've herd of him..

Scandy Bramley

Post by Scandy Bramley »

Patrick Stewart (Luc Picard of Star Trek fame!)...I'm still surprised nobody has replied to my Jane Tomlinson nomination on this thread :-S That courageous lady should have a statue built to honour her on City Square to replace the Black Prince, as she is the epitomy of Leeds (and Yorkshire) doggedness and grit.

simonm

Post by simonm »

Scandy Bramley wrote: Patrick Stewart (Luc Picard of Star Trek fame!)... Patrick Stewart was born and raised in Mirfield near Huddersfield!!
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

Vic Reeves is from Leeds! it were on t'telly last week!!!!
Love a Landrover