Rosebank Pics

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Hi Scandy.My son is using his photobucket album to try and get the pic I mentioned last posting.. Have had a couple of tries so far but though I get the picture up,it wont transfer!Age and IT techbabble don't mix!

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Scandy Bramley

Post by Scandy Bramley »

Many thanks for your efforts, 'Arry. I've got the picture you sent, by copying the link in your post and pasting into my address box! Excellent photo, by the way. Cheers. I vaguely remember the opening to Corrie now, having seen the photo.I'm at work now, but I'll have a go at getting the image to show up on here, when I get home.
You can take the lad out of Leeds - but you can't take the Leeds out of the lad.

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Hey! aicha a clever guru!So glad you were able to up/Down?load it. Was going scatty here(You've noticed?). There should be a simpler way of transfering fotos as in email progs.Right,mate would you like the other two of Rosebank View? I shan'tbother the 'bucket' boys if you can provide me with a downloading procedure!Hope your Dad will be pleased to be proved right!By the way, That whole area was reclaimed a three or four years ago,and it looks very nice as a long steep slope down from Bellevue Road down to Westfield Road.An 'all grassed' area with trees and plants and a winding path from top to bottom. There is a sapling growing up from where our 'coal hole' was in Rosebank View! I think it's now classed as a Heritage Site with a big board with all the details of how it looked as streets, including bomb damage in 1941. The board is at the top of the feature approachable via a ginnel off Bellevue Road, or from the end of Rosebank Road (remains of!).Alternatively, you can climb up the path from Westfield road if you are 100% fit! Worth a look. I just hope the yobbos haven't desecrated it since. They don't have ParkRangers anymore!It was officially opened by Hillary Benn MP. It was in the YEP.Enough for today. Hope to hear soon!Cheers Arry Awk

munki

Post by munki »

Hello arry awk! Apologies that you have been having trouble uploading stuff to Secret Leeds. You are not the only one! If you would like me to put a step-by-step guide in an email to you, I will be happy to (once I have written it!).Alternatively, if you email it to us at [email protected] we would be very happy to post it up for you.Keep perservering! This is a great thread...Best wishes,The Secret Leeds Team.
'Are we surprised that men perish, when monuments themselves decay? For death comes even to stones and the names they bear.' - Ausonius.

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Hi MunkiAppreciate ure offers of help and I'll certainly send an email (or two!) direct to you c/w snaps. Be warned!CheersArry Msg reply for IMOR herewith;Hi Imor. Yes you are right in thinking that the Rosebank Millennium Green was started in 2000! I found a foto last night in a folder dated 2000! It was of self and wife taken close by the notice board.Didn't realise it was so long ago! Anyway,as I said to ScandyBramley yesterday, the reclaimed site is(Was?) well worth a look.Must have another skeg at it before long and hope it hasn't reverted to its old fly-tipping paradise! Hope not.I am trying to find the YEP cutting about the good lady whostarted the whole idea of the green. There is a foto also of the opening ceremony showing her and Hillary Benn MP snipping the ribbon!At one time I suggested that Bryan Mosley (Alf Roberts in 'Corrie')would be the Ideal person for the Opening Ceremony as he was a neighbour of mine in Rosebank View in the '40s, but sadly.he diednot long after my suggestion. He was all for it at the time too.All for now IMOR, watch out for further installments!Cheers Arry

munki

Post by munki »

Stuff from arry awk...I lived at the top of the steps on the right ,in the View. 2nd house down! This 'Hollow', as we called it,was brilliant for 'war games'!Hope you have noticed, there are TWO lamp posts depicted also! On the one in the foreground,our gang used to leap off the wall and grab hold and swing on the projecting ladder bracket!yes,and we DID go round in the evenings at dusk and 'back-heel' the post to trip the pilot flame, causing the mantle to ignite! Memories! Can u post that bit in your 'Old Gaslamp' thread? Might be of interest!
Attachments
__TFMF_buzphj455msevzzgcj1uzq55_44e6c483-b6bd-417e-a05d-5ff14488ab56_0_MaintainAspect.jpg
__TFMF_buzphj455msevzzgcj1uzq55_44e6c483-b6bd-417e-a05d-5ff14488ab56_0_MaintainAspect.jpg (39.7 KiB) Viewed 4699 times
'Are we surprised that men perish, when monuments themselves decay? For death comes even to stones and the names they bear.' - Ausonius.