X Clothes Leeds. My New Romantic shame

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

DEE wrote: X clothes was never in the Empire arcade. Just Other clothes. X clothes started off on the corn exchange side of Call Lane and then moved to the opposite side of the street,then eventually moved to Boar Lane. I thought they might be the same - they did move out and I thought that went with a name change/new business.

Richard A Thackeray

Post by Richard A Thackeray »

franco wrote: Hello Rich T.You've guessed right. I am that old New Romantic. Franco, try this pic, see if you know me (my parents lived in Moor Aenue, when your dad was in Moor Grove)http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/22 ... 9372tkxrpp(if not, I'm sure you'll find others on the site to jog your memory, perhaps on page 3 of the site?)

franco

Post by franco »

Remember you well my friend. Excellent photos. That was one hell of a quiff.

Sears

Post by Sears »

AAAhhh FrancoWhat a picture!!!!! Would never have put you down as a New Romantic. And who is Tom Moult????Thought I was well over due a visit to Secret Leeds. Hope you ok and all is well. Will be up in Aug if anyone free to meet up (hope I am not public enemy No1). Would still love to visit the 4 pubs of the apocalypse.

Richard A Thackeray

Sears wrote: And who is Tom Moult???? Ted Moult was the guy in the 'Everest Double-Glazing' adverts.Who remembers the one at the Tan Hill Inn?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBPWJfq4dDA franco wrote: Remember you well my friend. Excellent photos. That was one hell of a quiff. Thought it must be you old boy!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

[quotenick="RichT"] Sears wrote: And who is Tom Moult???? Ted Moult was the guy in the 'Everest Double-Glazing' adverts.Who remembers the one at the Tan Hill Inn?Remember him on Countdown saying there was a draught in the studio - needless to say someone called out 'You should have fitted ......'

Lilysmum

Post by Lilysmum »

Didn't Ted Moult shoot himself several years back?

franco

Post by franco »

X Clothes to Ted Moult. Has ever a thread veered off topic in such a surreal manner? What next the Harvey Nichols, Colin Crompton connection?

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Lilysmum wrote: Didn't Ted Moult shoot himself several years back? Moult committed suicide by gunshot after a period of depression in 1986.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

Richard A Thackeray

franco wrote: X Clothes to Ted Moult. Has ever a thread veered off topic in such a surreal manner? What next the Harvey Nichols, Colin Crompton connection? Is that really where Crompton used to get his flat-caps?? Or, where the pies were delivered from - when he used to rings his bell & announce that "T'Pies Are Here!!"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFZ_RSSG4CY