A Touch Of Frost Locations

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

RickSteed wrote: Does anyone know the name of the power station in The Frost episode 'Line of Fire'?I couldn't upload that episode onto YouTube 'cause it gets blocked. Is this the one you mean ? From "Googling" it seems "Line of Fire" was made circa 1999. I don't think there were any cooling towers left in Leeds in 1999 but I am open to correction

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Is it Ferrybridge ???

tiddler

Post by tiddler »

The Commercial pub at Churwell was certainly used for one scene. Sorry I don't know which episode but I do remember seeing the film crew there. It may have been around 1996? Another location, although it is just out of Leeds is a transport cafe called Kaylas on Gelderd road near the Showcase cinema at Birstall. I've not been in there for some time. If I remember correctly, there was a wall mounted still from a scene filmed there. Again, I'm afraid I don't know which episode it was from.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

uncle mick wrote: RickSteed wrote: Does anyone know the name of the power station in The Frost episode 'Line of Fire'?I couldn't upload that episode onto YouTube 'cause it gets blocked. Is this the one you mean ? From "Googling" it seems "Line of Fire" was made circa 1999. I don't think there were any cooling towers left in Leeds in 1999 but I am open to correction Yes uncle Mick,Ferrybridge power station,i remember it cos there were some secnes filmed on a housing estate and you could see the power station in the close background,the estate was defo in Ferrybridge/east Ponte.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

guitar man

Post by guitar man »

In one episode a body was found in a river and they were all looking down from a disused railway bridge which I think is at Newton Kyme near Boston Spa

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

guitar man wrote: In one episode a body was found in a river and they were all looking down from a disused railway bridge which I think is at Newton Kyme near Boston Spa Yes it was, I'm surprised they filmed on it actually.It certainly deteriorated badly by the time I looked at it 3 years agohttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/453455 ... 764067613I can't see David Jason walking along it in that condition now
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Loiner1960

Post by Loiner1960 »

Initially the Police station was the factory off Burley Road around the corner from the main studio's. This has since been re-developed. But at the time there was an incident whilst filming an outside scene.Several Police cars and actors in Police uniform were used, but no one told the real Police. So as filming started, they roll up with blues and two's blaring. Much talking between producers and Police ensued.. The station scenes were then moved to a block in Yeadon I recall.

formeralwoodleyblade

Post by formeralwoodleyblade »

This is my first post on SecretLeeds so be kind. Remember seeing ATOF filmed all over near to where I grew up in Leeds - Alwoodley.The school where the younger girl is seen coming out of in Series 5 episode 4 called "No other love" was Alwoodley Primary School. I was in Year 6 at the time and the school received a video and tv if I remember rightly for their help in the filming. She wore an Alwoodley Primary school tie in it. Some of us got to be filmed to be in the background of one of the scenes near the school too.The school seen towards the end of the show in Series 10 episode 3 called "Held in trust" is also Alwoodley Primary! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8B-yeDTdVg^ 1:28:40

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

cnosni wrote: uncle mick wrote: RickSteed wrote: Does anyone know the name of the power station in The Frost episode 'Line of Fire'?I couldn't upload that episode onto YouTube 'cause it gets blocked. Is this the one you mean ? From "Googling" it seems "Line of Fire" was made circa 1999. I don't think there were any cooling towers left in Leeds in 1999 but I am open to correction Yes uncle Mick,Ferrybridge power station,i remember it cos there were some secnes filmed on a housing estate and you could see the power station in the close background,the estate was defo in Ferrybridge/east Ponte. Ferrybridge has featured in quite a few episodes - one features the shops and flats at Ferrybridge Square, although we're venturing away from Leeds now!It might have already been mentioned, but does anyone else remember the small "TOF" arrows that YTV used to mark out the route to filming locations for the crew to follow?You could always tell when a new series was being shot as they'd appear all over Leeds (and further afield).
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

I remember those chalked arrows on the path Ravey.I'm pretty sure I read something about it being gangs of conmen marking out which streets they'd already gone door to door. I think it was something like they also pointed arrows at easy to con vulnerable peoples houses. I remember seeing those arrows in lots of places TOF was never filmed.    Something similar in the Daily Mail herehttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-123249 ... lains.html        
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!