A Touch Of Frost Locations

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
drama_drama

Post by drama_drama »

Hi All, I am looking into the locations of filming for A touch of frost at the moment to hopefully put together abit of a website with before and after shots of certain well used locations. At the moment I am trying to locate the location of the building used as Denton police station in the early series, i believe the possibly it was on headingley lane? could anyone confirm..?Cheers in advance

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

I'm sure you will find many mentions of Frost on this old threadhttp://www.secretleeds.co.uk/forum/Messages.as ... 1including building used as stations
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

tyke bhoy wrote: I'm sure you will find many mentions of Frost on this old threadhttp://www.secretleeds.co.uk/forum/Messages.as ... 1including building used as stations I think at one time they used the old Gipton Police Station.There's a new series coming up, filming during May and using a few new city centre locations....

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

They also filmed quite a few scenes in Low Gipton crescent-I know this because we watched them filming and we all got to meet and talk to David Jason who turned out to be a thoroughly decent bloke as it goes
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Brandy wrote: They also filmed quite a few scenes in Low Gipton crescent-I know this because we watched them filming and we all got to meet and talk to David Jason who turned out to be a thoroughly decent bloke as it goes First episode featured the shops on North Parkway and surrounds didn't it?David Jason is an amzing chap, just think of the diverse character parts he's played.

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Broomhurst Hotel on Broomfield Crescent/Chapel Lane in Headingley. Now being converted to flats.

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

I think one or more episodes involved him visiting a house in one of the side roads on the right going up Queenswood Drive.
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

chameleon wrote: Brandy wrote: They also filmed quite a few scenes in Low Gipton crescent-I know this because we watched them filming and we all got to meet and talk to David Jason who turned out to be a thoroughly decent bloke as it goes First episode featured the shops on North Parkway and surrounds didn't it?David Jason is an amzing chap, just think of the diverse character parts he's played. yes mate he was proper ace he even had a cup of tea my auntie brought him out lol,all the other cast and crew went on this big crew bus thing but David Jason had tea and biscuits with us out on the street in the middle of gipton lol.Talk about surreal this was proper weird because the night before me and our lass are sat in the house watching the 'only fools and horses' video back to back,then the next day out of the blue were drinking tea with delboy in gipton lol. he really is a diamond geezer
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

One episode centred on a department store - location scenes were shot inside Clover/Allders (as was) in Kirkstall - in particular the Furniture dept. I once saw David Jason with some people from YTV ( I assume)having a drink in the Cardigan Arms.    
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

Si

Post by Si »

chameleon wrote: Brandy wrote: They also filmed quite a few scenes in Low Gipton crescent-I know this because we watched them filming and we all got to meet and talk to David Jason who turned out to be a thoroughly decent bloke as it goes First episode featured the shops on North Parkway and surrounds didn't it?David Jason is an amzing chap, just think of the diverse character parts he's played. Wasn't he "Bicycle Repair Man" in 'Do Not Adjust Your Set,' a 60s forerunner of Monty Python, with Michael Palin, Terry Jones, Denise Coffey and the wonderful Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band?