A Touch Of Frost Locations

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Si wrote: chameleon wrote: Brandy wrote: They also filmed quite a few scenes in Low Gipton crescent-I know this because we watched them filming and we all got to meet and talk to David Jason who turned out to be a thoroughly decent bloke as it goes First episode featured the shops on North Parkway and surrounds didn't it?David Jason is an amzing chap, just think of the diverse character parts he's played. Wasn't he "Bicycle Repair Man" in 'Do Not Adjust Your Set,' a 60s forerunner of Monty Python, with Michael Palin, Terry Jones, Denise Coffey and the wonderful Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band? What? were they all filmed in low gipton crescent too Si?? lol
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Keg

Post by Keg »

Was travelling back from Otley late one night and at the car park ther was a lot of activity, I pulled in and was told it was a night scene in "Denton Woods" for TOF.It also looks like they used the outside of the Police station just off Scotthall road ( Sorry but the name escapes me, might be Stainbeck??).
Keg

julesd

Post by julesd »

There was an episode that used St Augustines Church on Harehills Road & part of Harehills Road. They started filming just after my street (Ashton Avenue) & you could see 'Aladins Cave' which was the shop at the bottom of the street then, they travelled down Harehills Road (towards Roundhay Road) & went into St Augustines. Can't remember the episode, but I was very surprised when I saw the church as that's where we used to go when I was a kid (& still had to go to church...). I also remember Jack Frost having to do his laundry & he went into a laundrette in Chapel Allerton, near where the old police station was.

Tyke_bhoys wife

Post by Tyke_bhoys wife »

We watched an episode being filmed in the mutil storey car park at the back of Wood Street Police Station in Wakefield. We got to meet David Jason, when he was introduced to one of the DI's (now retired) who his character was based on.

kierentc

Post by kierentc »

they filmed some scenes for one episode in chapel allerton tennis club too iirc...

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

chameleon wrote: tyke bhoy wrote: I'm sure you will find many mentions of Frost on this old threadhttp://www.secretleeds.co.uk/forum/Messages.as ... 1including building used as stations I think at one time they used the old Gipton Police Station.There's a new series coming up, filming during May and using a few new city centre locations.... They won't be using the location I had heard of - the Landlord taken his bat home!

BIG N

Post by BIG N »

There was some filming done up Dewsbury Rd as well, they used the factory that has now been pulled down, the one that used to have a footbridge and steps to the front doors across the access to the underground car park.Just above the Cresent as you head out of town.

LS1

Post by LS1 »

Filming yesterday in Leeds down Bedford Street. Seem to be doing alot down there at the moment, next to the Wetherspoons. Also noticed there were loads of cars at the top of Chelwood drive last night at about half 7 and lots of film crew with cameras and the obligatory tea urn next to them! They were filming someone in a car driving off froma house. Not sure ifi its for Frost tho!

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

They also filmed parts of the episode where that armed copper shot the other one and killed him under the dark arches!
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

RickSteed

Post by RickSteed »

What a completely enchanting topic!!!Does anyone know where the scene was filmed in the episode 'Stranger in the House' between 1H 4mins 20 seconds and 1 Hour 6mins? It's a car chase where WPC Hazel Wallace and DI Jack Frost chase Stephen Galloway.Regards,Richard Steed