leeds united

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
volvojack

Re: leeds united

Postby volvojack » Mon 11 Nov, 2019 11:05 am

Memory playing trricks. it wa Billy Heaton wholived in a club houee (back to back) on Beeston town st. overlooking the brickworks. Harold Williams took over as the landlord of the Railway pub, also on Town st.he was a bad tempered Welshman its a wonder he got any custom at .
I am told that the old Railway pub is now called The Whistle Stop and has been built opposite what was the origianl pub
uncle mick

Postby uncle mick » Mon 11 Nov, 2019 2:44 pm

volvojack wrote:
Mon 11 Nov, 2019 11:05 am
Memory playing trricks. it wa Billy Heaton wholived in a club houee (back to back) on Beeston town st. overlooking the brickworks. Harold Williams took over as the landlord of the Railway pub, also on Town st.he was a bad tempered Welshman its a wonder he got any custom at .
I am told that the old Railway pub is now called The Whistle Stop and has been built opposite what was the origianl pub
Not a very nice thing to say "Harold Williams he was a bad tempered Welshman" Harold was a family friend & I can't praise him enough can you keep your opinions to yourself please
volvojack

Postby volvojack » Mon 11 Nov, 2019 2:59 pm

Apoologies Mick but i speak as i find, he not only used to shout and bawl at his wife in the pub but when it was drinking off time i have known him slam down the piano lid on the lads fingers. Once again sorry to have upset you.
volvojack

Postby volvojack » Fri 06 Dec, 2019 5:01 pm

Strange how football matches have had to take seconds to whatever the TV. companys decide. Eg. Arsenal are playing Leeds in London (FA. cup draw) kick off 8.15, pm Monday night so Fans will have to travel the 200 miles and not get back to Leeds until the early hours of the morning whilst Liverpool will play Everton, kick off at 4.p.m. on the day before and these teams are only a few miles apart, plus travelling on a Sunday would be so much easier .....never mind it's only the Fans