leeds united

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
blackprince

Re: leeds united

Post by blackprince »

I agree well done LUFC. Nice to see Leeds in the news for a good reason. I was always puzzled that while Leeds has struggled to have a top flight team most of this century other similar cities ( Man, Liv, Glasgow etc) support two. I hope they have the resources to do well in the Premiership and not be one of those teams that hovers around the relegation zone each year. What do I know! Maybe someone who does can comment.
It used to be said that the statue of the Black Prince had been placed in City Square , near the station, pointing South to tell all the southerners who've just got off the train to b****r off back down south!

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Eee by gum that's Champion lads Well done by one and all at Elland Road

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

I'm thinking that there will be many many fans outside Elland Road on Wednesday as the Champions arrive to play their last game.( And why not )

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Great result for United today but as i don't have Sky Sports i listen to their games on BBC. Radio radio. but for any Leeds fans today on Youtube there is not only highlights of today's win but long interviews with Bamford, a long documentary on Manager Bielsa from his early days playing in Argentina. also something I haver seen The match between United and Aston Villa where he ordered the Leeds players to let Villa score unhindered and reactions to this all around the ground

Only blot on the horizon i can see is that other big money clubs will be after the Manager, players like Bamford, Philips
ect

TyraNoah

Post by TyraNoah »

volvojack wrote:
Sat 01 Apr, 2017 10:44 am
Wow.
Sky Sports News

Lionel Messi of Barcelona, possibly the finest footballer in the World having received a four match ban from the Spanish F. A. has walked away after his club have acceprted a bid of £100 million from Leeds United. he is expected to arrive in England in time for this evenings game at Reading. United are expected to unveil him at Elland Road on Monday ( gates open 9a.m) Wonderful news.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

I can certainly think of much better ways to spend £100m :x :o
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

My calendar says it's 17th.May 2021 not 1st April. 2017

Tyra Noah. May I ask you why on first the day you became a member you chose to submit an old entry from April 1st. year 2017 ?

SelmaAdam

Post by SelmaAdam »

Leeds United are one of the most famous football clubs in the country.They have had quite an exciting campaign.Next season they will definitely finish top 10.Tactical Bielsa has done a good job.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

I don't think that anyone of us thought that they would have taken to Premier league football as good and so quickly as they have done. They have confounded the so called experts (Lineker and Co) who were a bit negative at the time. Their style of play has won them many admirers.
The only blot on the horizon I can see, is that the larger clubs would be eyeing up both Bamford and Phillips, especially clubs like Tottenham who look likely to lose Harry Kane.
Any move by these two would move them from hundreds a week to thousands a week.
I would imagine that already their agents are sowing the seeds of large paypackets and European football.
As they play their last game of the season against the (baggies). I imagine that the landlord of The Peacock Pub will be rubbing his hands on Sunday afternoon.

Good Luck

rossjulie

Post by rossjulie »

The addition of Daniel James to their squad is a great move.Hope they'll show some quality this season.