leeds united

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
volvojack

Re: leeds united

Post by volvojack »

Memory playing trricks. it wa Billy Heaton wholived in a club houee (back to back) on Beeston town st. overlooking the brickworks. Harold Williams took over as the landlord of the Railway pub, also on Town st.he was a bad tempered Welshman its a wonder he got any custom at .
I am told that the old Railway pub is now called The Whistle Stop and has been built opposite what was the origianl pub

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

volvojack wrote:
Mon 11 Nov, 2019 11:05 am
Memory playing trricks. it wa Billy Heaton wholived in a club houee (back to back) on Beeston town st. overlooking the brickworks. Harold Williams took over as the landlord of the Railway pub, also on Town st.he was a bad tempered Welshman its a wonder he got any custom at .
I am told that the old Railway pub is now called The Whistle Stop and has been built opposite what was the origianl pub
Not a very nice thing to say "Harold Williams he was a bad tempered Welshman" Harold was a family friend & I can't praise him enough can you keep your opinions to yourself please

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Apoologies Mick but i speak as i find, he not only used to shout and bawl at his wife in the pub but when it was drinking off time i have known him slam down the piano lid on the lads fingers. Once again sorry to have upset you.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Strange how football matches have had to take seconds to whatever the TV. companys decide. Eg. Arsenal are playing Leeds in London (FA. cup draw) kick off 8.15, pm Monday night so Fans will have to travel the 200 miles and not get back to Leeds until the early hours of the morning whilst Liverpool will play Everton, kick off at 4.p.m. on the day before and these teams are only a few miles apart, plus travelling on a Sunday would be so much easier .....never mind it's only the Fans

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

I have been informed that Leeds United v Liverpool on Sunday lunch ITV hub. This is the one where Mark Viduka scored all 4 goals. As I know nothing about accessing this programme can anybody please advise me.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

I have found I.T.V.hub and there are some great matches on. I am watching Germany v. Russia at the moment. It is £3.99 monthly if you have it without adverts and free if you have it with

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

I am surprised that no one seems to have posted about United's push for promotion which should be decided this week. also the passing of Jackie Charlton who spent all of his playing career for his home town team. Although born in the North East he called Leeds his home after marrying a Middleton lass
Last edited by volvojack on Thu 16 Jul, 2020 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blackprince

Post by blackprince »

I liked the interview where Jack said he couldn't play football, unlike Bobby, but he could stop other people playing football.
It used to be said that the statue of the Black Prince had been placed in City Square , near the station, pointing South to tell all the southerners who've just got off the train to b****r off back down south!

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

The other brother who lived in Leeds was Gordon Charlton, a very mild sort of lad I only knew him slightly. I do know he worked for the Water Board in Dock Street and i often thought that Yorkshire
Television could have done a small interview/ story etc. and when ever i met him he was always extremely polite

jma

Post by jma »

volvojack wrote:
Mon 13 Jul, 2020 7:45 pm
I am surprised that no one seems to have posted about United's push for promotion which should be decided this week. ...
It's either that nobody wants to count chickens after previous disappointments OR among the very few regular posters on this forum, nobody's much bothered.

Either way, they've done it and well done!