leeds united

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
volvojack

Re: leeds united

Post by volvojack »

Great News For United Fans. Having missed the Deadline for signing Alex Sanchez from Arsenal and also other Internationals

They have signed up a 17 year old Jordan Stevens from Second Division Forest Green Rovers

So Look Out The Premier League and European Cup.

Having said That we did sign another Two Lads who made their Debuts for the Club aged 17 years, they did not do so bad, both for themselves and the Club. One was a Jock and One was a Taff.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

After reading how United have signed on a few New Players I was Hoping that one of them was from B. and Q. as that is what they need To Board up the Goal. They have not won a Game since Boxing day and the Players seem to have taken the "Boxing" literally as they have had a Man sent Off for the last Four or Five Games Playing at home today they were 3 goals down by Half time and when i saw the Score was 3-1 so I thought maybe we were on the way back. It turned out that one of Cardiff players had Scored.

tilly

Post by tilly »

100 million where is that amount coming from im not a fan but i thought they were in the red.Or have i got this wrong.?
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

Who are Leeds United?, Is it a Woman's Lib union?
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Kow Towing To Leeds United. the disgrace is that Leeds Council / Corporation compulsory Purchased the Rows and Rows of Terrace Houses at the bottom of Wesley Street on both sides. Though these were One or two Bedroomed they were warm solid Houses and possibly needed a little T.L.C. but would have made such sensible homes for Single Parents, Students etc. Low maintence I think this Occurred about the 1980s and they were to be used for Leeds United Car Parking for a few Hours Twice a Month on a Saturday Afternoon.
Looking on line it seems that over 30 years later they still are.
What a Waste......

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

The Present Manager sacked and who is in the Short List . Simon Grayson who they have had before and Sacked him. The other ones tipped for the job are either Has Beens or Desperate for a Job. Whatever or who ever they get cant't go on and Play for them Unless he names himself as a Substitute and waits for one of them to get sent off.

How can a Team that not long before Christmas be top of the League and being widely tipped for a Return to the Premier Division go so wrong ?. Even Now they are still getting Crowds of over 30,000 which on Average are as many if not more than half of the Premier League Crowds,

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Well That's it. The New Manager with the second half of his name is Bottom is hardly inspiring and now the Favourite item in the Leeds United Restaurant is the Barnsley Chop. they also are trying to remove the word Spit from their Hospitality Packages.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

The New Manger Paul Heckingbottom has either played for or managed Barnsley, Scarborough, Hartlepool,
Norwich,Gateshead Mansfield Harrogate, Sheffield Leeds, Darlington and Bradford.

So after Good References from Wallace Arnold, Shearings,Sammy Ledgard he is about to take on the Managers job. ( There was a Coach Tour Co. used to park their Buses in an open space behind the Garage on
the opposite side of Elland Road. ??.) If they continue to play as they have been, he will certainly need the Quells, Rennies and Antacid Tablets.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

The sad news was announced on page 47 of today's Yorkshire Evening Post (March 20 2018) that the former Leeds United winger George Meek has died aged 84. I well recall him playing for Leeds United in the 1950s. The YEP states he made 199 appearances for the club.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

iansmithofotley

Post by iansmithofotley »

Hi Leodian,

I, too, remember George Meek in the 1950's. He was Scottish and played on the wing (the other winger was Jackie Overfield). I remember him being very small and slightly 'bow legged'. I think that he also had a shop on Meanwood Road between the Royal Cinema and the Globe Pub.

Ian