Yorkshire Evening Post

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Reginal Perrin

Post by Reginal Perrin »

Johnny39 wrote: Not sure that this is the correct thread to be using but it does concern a former photographer at the YEP in its better days. Try paulberriff.com and click on VINTAGE to see a series of pix of Leeds street scenes from the 60's. There are other interesting photos too. Just checked out the prices. Methinks Mr Berriff is taking the [edited for content] somewhat.
Ravioli, ravioli followed by ravioli. I happen to like ravioli.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Reginal Perrin wrote: Johnny39 wrote: Not sure that this is the correct thread to be using but it does concern a former photographer at the YEP in its better days. Try paulberriff.com and click on VINTAGE to see a series of pix of Leeds street scenes from the 60's. There are other interesting photos too. Just checked out the prices. Methinks Mr Berriff is taking the [edited for content] somewhat. I was thinking that me sen. £450 for a photo.     
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

Hadn't looked at the prices, it was more the content that interested me.
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

I really like this one... ... ...
Attachments
__TFMF_e3mvrqzoay5bbt45osx13o45_79884e1d-6898-44e4-a90a-c5beaecced07_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_e3mvrqzoay5bbt45osx13o45_79884e1d-6898-44e4-a90a-c5beaecced07_0_main.jpg (59.82 KiB) Viewed 1918 times
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

daver

Post by daver »

The one with the boys playing marbles is taken on Rosebank View
Attachments
__TFMF_ttnv5n45tzqe3545iruggbyl_5a8d36bb-39a5-489e-8b8d-ddfe1433adf3_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_ttnv5n45tzqe3545iruggbyl_5a8d36bb-39a5-489e-8b8d-ddfe1433adf3_0_main.jpg (63.75 KiB) Viewed 1918 times

Crazy Jane

Post by Crazy Jane »

I'm really worried about the recent spate of wheely bin balzes:"Fire crews swamped by spate of Leeds wheelie bin balzes19 September 2009By Aisha IqbalA SPATE of arson attacks has seen 30 wheelie bins set alight in 48 hours in an area of Leeds."http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... 662248.jpI hope there are no wheely bin balzes where i live. It would be a really bad thing if i came out and found my wheely bin abalze.
Evil and ambition scatter in the the darkness, leaving behind dubious rumors to fly in public. To the next world, I commit thee.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Crazy Jane wrote: I'm really worried about the recent spate of wheely bin balzes:"Fire crews swamped by spate of Leeds wheelie bin balzes19 September 2009By Aisha IqbalA SPATE of arson attacks has seen 30 wheelie bins set alight in 48 hours in an area of Leeds."http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... 662248.jpI hope there are no wheely bin balzes where i live. It would be a really bad thing if i came out and found my wheely bin abalze. You'd have to put it out with a buckit of warter
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Crazy Jane

Post by Crazy Jane »

And if i don;t have one to hand, perhaps a canopy would do the trick?
Evil and ambition scatter in the the darkness, leaving behind dubious rumors to fly in public. To the next world, I commit thee.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

There is an advertising feature (though I'm not sure what it's advertising) in the Weekly news if anyone still gets it pushed into their letter box, entitled A City at War.Short but some interesting snips but, not without the errors inherent to this group -Sandbags doubled in price from 2d to 4d as....supply ....exceeded demand.Lets all hope for shortages in other areas now when prices will of course be halved as demand exceeds supply

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

chameleon wrote: There is an advertising feature (though I'm not sure what it's advertising) in the Weekly news if anyone still gets it pushed into their letter box, entitled A City at War.Short but some interesting snips but, not without the errors inherent to this group -Sandbags doubled in price from 2d to 4d as....supply ....exceeded demand.Lets all hope for shortages in other areas now when prices will of course be halved as demand exceeds supply The Leeds Weekly News - where I live that could be another entry on the "Things you don't see anymore thread".In fact it's over a decade since a copy has been delivered round here, which makes a complete mockery of the council using it to publish official council notices..
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell