searching the site and adding comments

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
Simon-Z-

searching the site and adding comments

Post by Simon-Z- »

Many thanks to all who have replied, I really appreciate it. I have followed some of the tips and had some success already, and hopefully I will get the hang of using the site more easily in due course. Thanks again.

tilly

Re: searching the site and adding comments

Post by tilly »

Hi Simon I look forward to more of your posts stay safe Sid.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

tilly

Post by tilly »

Many thanks lads for your information, and for replying to Simon its nice to see new members on site it can be very quiet on site at times i often wonder where many of the past frequent posters are and how they are getting on.It might be an age thing in my case but i must say i miss there input.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

blackprince

Post by blackprince »

tilly wrote:
Sun 30 Jan, 2022 11:58 am
..................i often wonder where many of the past frequent posters are and how they are getting on.It might be an age thing in my case but i must say i miss there input.
In the words of the song " Video (TV) killed the Radio Star".
Maybe it should be updated to "Fakebook killed the website".
BP
It used to be said that the statue of the Black Prince had been placed in City Square , near the station, pointing South to tell all the southerners who've just got off the train to b****r off back down south!

TABBYCAT

Post by TABBYCAT »

Never a truer word BP quite a few of the forums I inhabit are slowly going quiet due to a Facebook version starting up, progress I suppose?

chemimike

Post by chemimike »

Decay, not progress. To many on Facebook it is a bit like collecting engine numbers, not caring anything about the engine. There were a few on forums like that (I remember someone strongly complaining on one, some time ago, that the number of his posts listed by his name had gone down ). Most of those have now gone to Facebook. Unfortunately many newer members of the net only hear about Facebook , and when they do encounter a decent forum treat it in the same way , with ignorance, rudeness and a lack of any caring for the accuracy of, or responsibility for, what they say

iansmithofotley

Post by iansmithofotley »

I seem to remember that it also happened on this site when Phil Davison left and created a Facebook page called Secret Leeds 2 back in 2014. It was a shame as he posted some very interesting and well-researched stuff, on a regular basis, on Secret Leeds.

Loiner in Cyprus

Post by Loiner in Cyprus »

Blimey, 8 years since Phil D. left. How time flies. The contributor whose I do miss is Blakey. He posted interesting and often amusing posts. I hope he's keeping well.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Loiner in Cyprus wrote:
Mon 31 Jan, 2022 1:37 am
Blimey, 8 years since Phil D. left. How time flies. The contributor whose I do miss is Blakey. He posted interesting and often amusing posts. I hope he's keeping well.
Blakey is active on Facebook as Chris Youhill (circa 85 years old)

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

I sent Chris a message on Facebook April 2020 asking if there was any reason for him not posting recently.
He said her had retired 2020 and just had too many irons in too many fires and would try to visit the site.
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.