Private messaging

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
stonesey

Post by stonesey »

I emailed MUNKI/dsco a couple of weeks ago asking if they could forward my email address to someone who was on my thread, & who turned out to be a a long lost relative. The other person had agreed & also wanted their email address to be forwarded to me. Up to now I haven't had a reply, so me & my relative are in limbo. We want to compare notes, catch up on family trees etc, and are trying to converse on the thread without giving personal details away for everyone to see. I wasn't sure of protocol on the Secret Leeds site & a member advised me to email admin. about swopping email addresses. I'm hoping I may get a reply from this thread, and hopefully be able to contact someone who I havent seen for over 40 years!

sundowner

Post by sundowner »

stonesey wrote: I emailed MUNKI/dsco a couple of weeks ago asking if they could forward my email address to someone who was on my thread, & who turned out to be a a long lost relative. The other person had agreed & also wanted their email address to be forwarded to me. Up to now I haven't had a reply, so me & my relative are in limbo. We want to compare notes, catch up on family trees etc, and are trying to converse on the thread without giving personal details away for everyone to see. I wasn't sure of protocol on the Secret Leeds site & a member advised me to email admin. about swopping email addresses. I'm hoping I may get a reply from this thread, and hopefully be able to contact someone who I havent seen for over 40 years! Hi sorry this is not the same topic but a problem i have found.I was getting so many e mails telling me that a message had been posted on a thread i subscribe to that i put a lock on all my threads i am still getting e mails ? Can anyone tell me what i can do to stop them.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

sundowner wrote: stonesey wrote: I emailed MUNKI/dsco a couple of weeks ago asking if they could forward my email address to someone who was on my thread, & who turned out to be a a long lost relative. The other person had agreed & also wanted their email address to be forwarded to me. Up to now I haven't had a reply, so me & my relative are in limbo. We want to compare notes, catch up on family trees etc, and are trying to converse on the thread without giving personal details away for everyone to see. I wasn't sure of protocol on the Secret Leeds site & a member advised me to email admin. about swopping email addresses. I'm hoping I may get a reply from this thread, and hopefully be able to contact someone who I havent seen for over 40 years! Hi sorry this is not the same topic but a problem i have found.I was getting so many e mails telling me that a message had been posted on a thread i subscribe to that i put a lock on all my threads i am still getting e mails ? Can anyone tell me what i can do to stop them. This one had us all scratching heads last year and it came up again recently. If I remember Munki's reply correctly then, the solution is to go into the thread in question and click again on the box (first in the roq of right, top right) that you clicked on to set the alert signal. Seemingly that turns it off again. I'm sure Munki will correct me if I've got this wrong!

sundowner

Post by sundowner »

Thanks for that i will try this and see how it goes i had forty e mails from my threads has i look at the site every day i find i dont need the reply.

Croggy

Post by Croggy »

stonesey wrote: I emailed MUNKI/dsco a couple of weeks ago asking if they could forward my email address to someone who was on my thread, & who turned out to be a a long lost relative. The other person had agreed & also wanted their email address to be forwarded to me. Up to now I haven't had a reply, so me & my relative are in limbo. We want to compare notes, catch up on family trees etc, and are trying to converse on the thread without giving personal details away for everyone to see. I wasn't sure of protocol on the Secret Leeds site & a member advised me to email admin. about swopping email addresses. I'm hoping I may get a reply from this thread, and hopefully be able to contact someone who I havent seen for over 40 years! I would suggest you create a new email addy on hotmail/gmail/yahoo etc, post it on site (using at dot etc to avoid it being picked up by any bots etc) then when your relative contacts you, you can give them your preferred address/contact details and never use the 'new one' again, lol.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Croggy wrote: stonesey wrote: I emailed MUNKI/dsco a couple of weeks ago asking if they could forward my email address to someone who was on my thread, & who turned out to be a a long lost relative. The other person had agreed & also wanted their email address to be forwarded to me. Up to now I haven't had a reply, so me & my relative are in limbo. We want to compare notes, catch up on family trees etc, and are trying to converse on the thread without giving personal details away for everyone to see. I wasn't sure of protocol on the Secret Leeds site & a member advised me to email admin. about swopping email addresses. I'm hoping I may get a reply from this thread, and hopefully be able to contact someone who I havent seen for over 40 years! I would suggest you create a new email addy on hotmail/gmail/yahoo etc, post it on site (using at dot etc to avoid it being picked up by any bots etc) then when your relative contacts you, you can give them your preferred address/contact details and never use the 'new one' again, lol. Have alook at this:http://help.yahoo.com/tutorials/cg/mail ... uard1.html

sundowner

Post by sundowner »

I have asked this before i have put a lock on all my threads but i still get e mailes that a message has been posted on a thread i have put a blog on. I was told to click on the lock logo top right i have done this. I still get e mails even though the lock is crossed out? Help. Just a thought do i have to re lock the thread if i post another blog on it.

sundowner

Post by sundowner »

sundowner wrote: I have asked this before i have put a lock on all my threads but i still get e mailes that a message has been posted on a thread i have put a blog on. I was told to click on the lock logo top right i have done this. I still get e mails even though the lock is crossed out? Help. Just a thought do i have to re lock the thread if i post another blog on it. HELP HELP HELP

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

simonm wrote: Admin, there seems to be nowhere on the site that allows PM'ing from one user to another. Do you have plans to introduce it, or does the site set up not allow it? Isnt winstons on dewsbury road still open??.....................................................................................oh i see now,you said private message, i thought you said private massage lol    
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Brandy wrote: simonm wrote: Admin, there seems to be nowhere on the site that allows PM'ing from one user to another. Do you have plans to introduce it, or does the site set up not allow it? Isnt winstons on dewsbury road still open??.....................................................................................oh i see now,you said private message, i thought you said private massage lol     Nice one mate,its called Churchills now.OH YES
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]