Still not right

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
geoffb

Post by geoffb »

geoffb wrote: Probs cheaper and for the 'greater good' to have us sat at home with a pot of Morrisons Red Label (leaf) Tea, a pastry and the cat(s).     Prefer this brand miselfI need to go on a course for posting pictures or images on here. Never works now

geoffb

Post by geoffb »

geoffb wrote: geoffb wrote: Probs cheaper and for the 'greater good' to have us sat at home with a pot of Morrisons Red Label (leaf) Tea, a pastry and the cat(s).     Prefer this brand miself I need to go on a course for posting pictures or images on here. Never works now try this

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

geoffb wrote: geoffb wrote: geoffb wrote: Probs cheaper and for the 'greater good' to have us sat at home with a pot of Morrisons Red Label (leaf) Tea, a pastry and the cat(s).     Prefer this brand miself I need to go on a course for posting pictures or images on here. Never works now try this Geoff, read through these this thread and the one it links to:http://www.secretleeds.co.uk/forum/Mess ... dID=2159At the moment, if all else is well, you will get an error message at the end - use the back button on your browser to return to the message board and then 'refresh', your picture should then come up - or at least the box with a red cross which opens when clicked. Have a read to be sure you've got everything else right and try again. If you identify where things still go wrong, drop a note and one of us will try to work it out

liits

Post by liits »

As Tykeboy said.....If it is an anniversary issue we could be in big trouble this time next year as both domains expire on the same date but the .co.uk one didn't need renewing this yearI think that this was mentioned some years ago after a period of "outage" [and I hate to bring the subject up again] but didn’t we talk about the site having changed from one server to another or [one domain host to another] who was paying for it, and would the members be willing to contribute financially if the funding stopped.Is it time to start talking about that again?

liits

Post by liits »

and, I had massive problems posting that message.

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

There are quite a few free forum hosting sites out there. They may not have all the bells and whistles that the top sites have but they have more than this.However, I believe this has been suggested before and there was some reason why it wasn't an option.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

I've had no problem getting back onto the site since it crashed and came back on line, but clearly other people have, and I've just helped Drapsey get back on to Secret Leeds, fortunately he had a flickr account for me to be able to do that, but the question is how many people can't contact another Secret Leeds user, and they can't access the site and contribute? A recent thread has already asked the question about lost members of Secret Leeds.Beggers can't be choosers, and were all very grateful to have this site funded and up and running. But there does seem many problems with this website, the frequent crashes for days on end, the problem with people logging in, and the great hassle with people still not being able to post photos, and even those who can, it isn't obvious unless people know about clicking the X or 'submit query' icon to view those photos..As I've said were grateful for this free site, but it is being paid for elsewhere, and there should be a quality of service involved. I'm not sure why this site can't upload photos in a more user friendly way.I'm ok... I can use flckr to host my images, or a firefox add on to grab forum friendly URL's to post images, but many people can't, and I think this issue, along with the website stability, and user friendly issues needs addressing now.    *P.S can I suggest the title of this thread have 'Secret Leeds website user problems' or similar added to it to make it a little more clear what the topic is about? I think it will get more feedback as at the moment I'm not sure if it's obvious what it's about.Just a suggestion of course             
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

liits wrote: As Tykeboy said.....If it is an anniversary issue we could be in big trouble this time next year as both domains expire on the same date but the .co.uk one didn't need renewing this yearI think that this was mentioned some years ago after a period of "outage" [and I hate to bring the subject up again] but didn’t we talk about the site having changed from one server to another or [one domain host to another] who was paying for it, and would the members be willing to contribute financially if the funding stopped.Is it time to start talking about that again? These really are questions best put directly to Admin liits and others, there may be a few changes soon. I'm not sure the free hosting sites support the extent of interactive traffic and storage SL has and they would almost certainly bring a quantity of advertising which may well be unacceptable btw.

geoffb

Post by geoffb »

geoffb wrote: Probs cheaper and for the 'greater good' to have us sat at home with a pot of Morrisons Red Label (leaf) Tea, a pastry and the cat(s).     Prefer this brand miselftry again

geoffb

Post by geoffb »

geoffb wrote: Probs cheaper and for the 'greater good' to have us sat at home with a pot of Morrisons Red Label (leaf) Tea, a pastry and the cat(s).     Prefer this brand miself try again.