Still not right

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
Leeds Hippo

Post by Leeds Hippo »

I logged off on my home PC but can't log back on(I'm writing this from work) - The Contact Us tab does not work nor the contact email address info@secretleeds.comI tried to reset my password and create a new account and that does not workHas anyone else logged off and back on (don't try this unless you have another PC or you may not be able to reply!) or tried to create a new account? Thanks    

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Leeds Hippo wrote: I logged off on my home PC but can't log back on(I'm writing this from work) - The Contact Us tab does not work nor the contact email address info@secretleeds.comI tried to reset my password and create a new account and that does not workHas anyone else logged off and back on (don't try this unless you have another PC or you may not be able to reply!) or tried to create a new account? Thanks     Did you also remember to log IN to the site as well as your PC? May seem a silly question but something often overlooked.No problems apparant but that's not to say some work isn't gojng on in the background which could cause intermittent glitches. That you can access from elsewhere is highly suggestive of the problem resting with your manchine though.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

can we try to keep these all in just one thread?Leeds HippoLocation: LeedsJoined on: 04-Jul-2010 19:29:15Posted: 444 posts # Posted on: 17-Jan-2011 07:36:52.     Edit | Quote A relative tried to register on Secret Leeds to post a message and the website returned the error"Mailbox unavailable"Has anyone tried to register (even a dummy one) and found the same issue.Site won't accept passwords neither or password reset requests.Tried on three separate PC's     Top BrunelUser Location: Holbeck ShedsJoined on: 20-Mar-2008 17:04:54Posted: 409 posts # Posted on: 17-Jan-2011 08:09:25.    Delete | Edit | Quote Appears to be ok now. Top

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Some firewalls also restrict what comes back down and these messages appear then too ( I get them at work depending upon how I try to access the site).Nobody else seems to be having a problem so it'ss still doubtful that the problem is with thee site.

jim

Post by jim »

Just had an e-mail message from Kango, which he asked me to post here ( 18/01/11, 12.29pm ) :-"Still cannot access site as before or send e-mail. Had a chat with Marketing Leeds who run Secret Leeds, and they have acknowledged a fault with the site, and the I.T. guys are looking at it"    

Leeds Hippo

Post by Leeds Hippo »

jim wrote: Just had an e-mail message from Kango, which he asked me to post here ( 18/01/11, 12.29pm ) :-"Still cannot access site as before or send e-mail. Had a chat with Marketing Leeds who run Secret Leeds, and they have acknowledged a fault with the site, and the I.T. guys are looking at it"     Thanks Jim/KangoI thought it was just me - problem seemed to start after the .com/.co.uk issues. It's a Catch 22 situation! - once logged off you can't log back on, or request a pw reset, or create a new account. A couple of colleagues at work tried to register via their home computers and they got errors as well.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Hello all,Sorry if you're having difficulties with the site, but I can't recreate the login fault I'm afraid. When folk are posting/passing on error reports, can you include some more details:What operating system you're using: Windows, Mac, Linux (include version details, e.g. Windows 7)Your browser: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc (include version)The info@secretleeds.com email ISN'T working by the way, looking into that at the moment. Likewise the info@celebrateleeds07.com address listed in the Contact Us section. That really shouldn't be in there at all any more... well slack of me! I'll post a temporary contact address on here shortly.Cheers,dsco
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Hippo - I've just reset your password and logged in successfully with your account. I'll send you the new details, give 'em a try and let me know how you get on.Cheers,dsco
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

Leeds Hippo

Post by Leeds Hippo »

dsco wrote: Hello all,Sorry if you're having difficulties with the site, but I can't recreate the login fault I'm afraid. When folk are posting/passing on error reports, can you include some more details:What operating system you're using: Windows, Mac, Linux (include version details, e.g. Windows 7)Your browser: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc (include version)The info@secretleeds.com email ISN'T working by the way, looking into that at the moment. Likewise the info@celebrateleeds07.com address listed in the Contact Us section. That really shouldn't be in there at all any more... well slack of me! I'll post a temporary contact address on here shortly.Cheers,dsco Thanks dscoattached is a screenshot of the error when trying to reset passwordUsing Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista - both using IE 8
Attachments
__TFMF_n22e0lb13xvvscnxysiysruu_275e82ba-c877-464d-972c-a2d17c107222_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_n22e0lb13xvvscnxysiysruu_275e82ba-c877-464d-972c-a2d17c107222_0_main.jpg (153.36 KiB) Viewed 3163 times

Leeds Hippo

Post by Leeds Hippo »

And trying to register a new account
Attachments
__TFMF_n22e0lb13xvvscnxysiysruu_8c67e891-9859-4f23-bcab-bf34293eb671_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_n22e0lb13xvvscnxysiysruu_8c67e891-9859-4f23-bcab-bf34293eb671_0_main.jpg (246.04 KiB) Viewed 3163 times