Posting photos

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
liits

Post by liits »

Ha! It works.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Please can someone explain how to save/post a image from Old Maps.When I right click on the image it saysSettingsGlobal SettingsAbout Adobe FlashThanks

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

uncle mick wrote: Please can someone explain how to save/post a image from Old Maps.When I right click on the image it saysSettingsGlobal SettingsAbout Adobe FlashThanks One way Mick, chose your map/print screen/paste into a new paint document/crop the map/cut/ paste into a new paint document and save as jpg where required.It will work too if you paste into word and use the picture tools to manipulate, but must be in jpeg format to upload directly onto the site.(Think tat's right, thoughts blur a little when you try to write it down...... )

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

liits wrote: Ha! It works. No reason why not liits, two different parts of the message process.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

chameleon wrote: uncle mick wrote: Please can someone explain how to save/post a image from Old Maps.When I right click on the image it saysSettingsGlobal SettingsAbout Adobe FlashThanks One way Mick, chose your map/print screen/paste into a new paint document/crop the map/cut/ paste into a new paint document and save as jpg where required.It will work too if you paste into word and use the picture tools to manipulate, but must be in jpeg format to upload directly onto the site.(Think tat's right, thoughts blur a little when you try to write it down...... ) Thanks. It might take a while for it "sink in"

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

uncle mick wrote: Please can someone explain how to save/post a image from Old Maps.When I right click on the image it saysSettingsGlobal SettingsAbout Adobe Flash The other way to save an image is if you use Windows Vista or Windows 7 use the Scissors Tool which allows you to CUT any graphic etc from the screen, similar but better than a screen dump.
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

buffalosI'm in vista where abouts are the scissors?             

liits

Post by liits »

chameleon wrote: liits wrote: Ha! It works. No reason why not liits, two different parts of the message process. This is one of those things I suppose I've never thought about doing. Seems that we went from being able to posr photos to not beeing able to post photos and then having to find a way around it.Personally, I was always worried about messing up the format of the thread by posting an embedded photo that was too big or embedding a photo that was embedded that was redced to a size such that it was of no worth.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

liits wrote: chameleon wrote: liits wrote: Ha! It works. No reason why not liits, two different parts of the message process. This is one of those things I suppose I've never thought about doing. Seems that we went from being able to posr photos to not beeing able to post photos and then having to find a way around it.Personally, I was always worried about messing up the format of the thread by posting an embedded photo that was too big or embedding a photo that was embedded that was redced to a size such that it was of no worth. Yes it can be problematic liits as nemtioned above but actually you have a good point here, embed a small size picture, where this is adequate for its purpose, that's all we need - if the subject is to be used for closer study such as a map, attact the full size too as usual.Job's a good'un, suggestion of the year upto now - give the man one of Brandy's special prizes

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

chameleon wrote: Leodian wrote: As I don't have images hosted elsewhere I am wondering if, as it seems that I still cannot post images directly into an SL post, will I still be welcome to post images the old way (thus likely still needing to click on a red cross) or will that method be at best just tolerated or will it be a total no-no now? You can use string and sealing wax if it works for you Leodian - any way you can do it! That made me .
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.