Posting photos

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
dogduke

Post by dogduke »

PLEASE -In layman's terms - how do I get photos froman SD card onto Secret Leeds ?I have a card slot on the laptop,do I need any additional software.
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

what operating system are you running? When you put the card into the slot does a window open showing you the files?if you have got this far you need to drag and drop the files into your pictures folder then follow the instructions on the posting pictures thread.
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Let us know how you get on dogduke - or where it goes wrong for you. Be aware, further to Brandy's note, many browers don't work here for pictures, Internet Explorer (not everyone's cuppa) does though.

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

I have Windows Vista Basic and can use either I.E. or FirefoxHave msn and ntl e-mail addresses
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

Hats Off

Post by Hats Off »

dogduke wrote: I have Windows Vista Basic and can use either I.E. or FirefoxHave msn and ntl e-mail addresses Insert the card into your pc, if nothing appears showing you the files just go to : Start, then Computer.The card should show up as an external drive or removable storage ( It could be named something like Drive E or F.Right click on the cardclick on OpenYou should then be able to see your picture files,drag and drop the files into your pictures folder then follow the instructions on the posting pictures thread.Regards.    

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

Right then !The photos are off the card,went ito windows photo gallery,wiped the card.I have now dragged them as thumbnails onto the desk top.Whats next ?

Hats Off

Post by Hats Off »

dogduke wrote: Right then !The photos are off the card,went ito windows photo gallery,wiped the card.I have now dragged them as thumbnails onto the desk top.Whats next ? Ok, now you need to follow these instructions :http://www.secretleeds.com/forum/Messag ... 59Remember to use Internet Explorer as I had no luck when I tried uploading pics with Firefox.Regards.

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

Still trying

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Where abouts in the process are you getting stuck mate??
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.