Posting photos

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
liits

Post by liits »

Leodian wrote: As I don't have images hosted elsewhere I am wondering if, as it seems that I still cannot post images directly into an SL post, will I still be welcome to post images the old way (thus likely still needing to click on a red cross) or will that method be at best just tolerated or will it be a total no-no now? I don't use images hosted elswhere, I use the TinyURL thing to post my pics on SL.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Leodian wrote: As I don't have images hosted elsewhere I am wondering if, as it seems that I still cannot post images directly into an SL post, will I still be welcome to post images the old way (thus likely still needing to click on a red cross) or will that method be at best just tolerated or will it be a total no-no now? You can use string and sealing wax if it works for you Leodian - any way you can do it!

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Blimey, works. just did the [img]then right-clicked properties [/img]Still dunno how to put my own pix up, yet. Like Leo I don't have images elsewhere stick with the red cross for own shots for now.                

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

try own shot
Attachments
__TFMF_bz15kaupnywh4naybrhl1s45_a594a12d-85c5-4360-8703-7445617e0009_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_bz15kaupnywh4naybrhl1s45_a594a12d-85c5-4360-8703-7445617e0009_0_main.jpg (62.57 KiB) Viewed 2208 times

Tasa

Post by Tasa »

chameleon wrote: Leodian wrote: As I don't have images hosted elsewhere I am wondering if, as it seems that I still cannot post images directly into an SL post, will I still be welcome to post images the old way (thus likely still needing to click on a red cross) or will that method be at best just tolerated or will it be a total no-no now? You can use string and sealing wax if it works for you Leodian - any way you can do it! I'm another voter for any method which results in a photo being posted on the forum, whether you can see it direct or have to click on a red cross. We all have, and prefer, different levels of access to the internet so if you don't want to host your photos on an internet site, that's fine - as long as you can share them with us that's the main thing!Sometimes the red cross is the better method anyway - for example, some of the maps I post on the forum are very wide and if they appeared direct they would widen the reading area so that people would have to scroll back and forth.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Tasa wrote: chameleon wrote: Leodian wrote: As I don't have images hosted elsewhere I am wondering if, as it seems that I still cannot post images directly into an SL post, will I still be welcome to post images the old way (thus likely still needing to click on a red cross) or will that method be at best just tolerated or will it be a total no-no now? You can use string and sealing wax if it works for you Leodian - any way you can do it! I'm another voter for any method which results in a photo being posted on the forum, whether you can see it direct or have to click on a red cross. We all have, and prefer, different levels of access to the internet so if you don't want to host your photos on an internet site, that's fine - as long as you can share them with us that's the main thing!Sometimes the red cross is the better method anyway - for example, some of the maps I post on the forum are very wide and if they appeared direct they would widen the reading area so that people would have to scroll back and forth. The images causing the wide shots can sometimes be reduced before posting Tasa. A perhaps unrecognised problem of these is that some people who need to use a large resolution screen setting, can be left scrolling more than most just to read the complete text.I don't think we can build-in anything to help this, rather rely on folk who are able to help when posting.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

and NEW MESSAGE not QUOTE WITH PIX

Tasa

Post by Tasa »

chameleon wrote: The images causing the wide shots can sometimes be reduced before posting Tasa. A perhaps unrecognised problem of these is that some people who need to use a large resolution screen setting, can be left scrolling more than most just to read the complete text.I don't think we can build-in anything to help this, rather rely on folk who are able to help when posting. Oh yes, I agree about reducing the size of the pic if possible. However, some of the maps I post are deliberately kept large for ease of reading as the print would be too small if reduced.

liits

Post by liits »

I wonder if its possible, within the same message to post an embeded picture - small size, and also in the normal way, add an attachment of a lare / full size pic in the normal "red cross" way? I'm gonna try it.....

liits

Post by liits »

Test
Attachments
__TFMF_vshklbq2fibywxvr34d5xluc_7e5e6ffe-5c60-4d90-9e14-33daebaff62c_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_vshklbq2fibywxvr34d5xluc_7e5e6ffe-5c60-4d90-9e14-33daebaff62c_0_main.jpg (348.34 KiB) Viewed 2208 times