Logging On

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
Brandy

Post by Brandy »

chameleon wrote: Dropped a note to dsco to try to prompt a quick investigation Your the man Chameleon
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Learned a little more - fits with what my limited understanding suggested and I can follow the theory but discovering it and putting it right went straight past......!It looks as though some tweaking done at the hosting site which seems to be Courtney Marketing, has mucked up the Domain Name Server - the bit that turns a name into a numerical address, either within the host site or externally. This is preventing the .com from being recognised and closes the door on us. How far up the chain hthis has gone and which external servers have been affected seems to determine who can or cannot get onto the site.That's the best I can put of what I think I understand - enough to say it needs a man who can at the Hosting Co to tell the thing to get our name rightbtw - anyone noticed the Leeds Live it Love it site has been revanped lately - have to wonder if there's a connection her

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

I see Secret Leeds is still poorly. Either it's proving to be a headache or dsco is away from the office, no reply to messages which is unusual.    

romeo to control

Post by romeo to control »

There also seems to be a prob adding attachments
Treat others as you would wish to be treatedBAF

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Message from Admin suggests mending work should start tomorrow    

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

So is that why I couldn't log on since last friday tea-time (Not Dinner time), because in my favourites it's stored as secretleeds.com?
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Chrism wrote: So is that why I couldn't log on since last friday tea-time (Not Dinner time), because in my favourites it's stored as secretleeds.com? That'll be it - Dunki and Munki have found the man who knows which buttond to press by the looks of things sooo.... we're back

munki

Post by munki »

Thanks for drawing it to our attention. I think I am Old School - never had anything other than the original .co.uk address in my favourites!
'Are we surprised that men perish, when monuments themselves decay? For death comes even to stones and the names they bear.' - Ausonius.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

munki wrote: Thanks for drawing it to our attention. I think I am Old School - never had anything other than the original .co.uk address in my favourites! Phah! - old school - bet you had a calculator for maths, not this new-fangled effort with levers to pull and a handle on the side to wind like what we 'ad     

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Jolly good show lads The Good Ship Secret Leeds sails again lol
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.