CAUTION!!

Got a question about Secret Leeds? Start here
somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

HelenG wrote: I have recently had a call "According to our records someone in your household works/ has worked in a industry using vibrating machinery and may be entitled to claim money for industrial injuries" Which is correct, my husband did,however these records are obviously not kept up to date. I confirmed yes that would be my husband and no he wasn't available to take the call however they could try contact him through a medium as he has been dead for almost 14 years!!! The line went dead! Yes,we had same trouble with them over my dad.Passed away 5 years ago.They're a right royal pain in the proverbial and so are the other "ambulance chasers".It can be very upsetting-especially around sensitive times(b'days,anniversaries etc etc).
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !

Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Try this one on cold callers:Caller: "Hello, could I speak to Bruno please?"Me: "Bruno! That so-and-so walked out on me yesterday after 20 years! And to think he always said I was the only man for him!" (Burst into hysterical sobbing).Works every time. Total non-plusification from calling party.
The older I get, the better I was.

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

Can someone please tell me how to get Adblock on Firefox ?It takes ages to get rid of the work from home sites that keepappearing - Ta.
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

Riponian

Post by Riponian »

You’re after Adblock.Go to the Tools dropdown menu on Firefox and select Add-onsIn the Get Add-ons tab in the search box type Adblock – the result to should be Adblock Plus 1.3.3Install it and you just don’t see those adverts any more.Makes a change from giving tech support on the Raspberry Pi mini computer, have fun.
I like work. I can watch it for hours.

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

Riponian wrote: You’re after Adblock.Go to the Tools dropdown menu on Firefox and select Add-onsIn the Get Add-ons tab in the search box type Adblock – the result to should be Adblock Plus 1.3.3Install it and you just don’t see those adverts any more.Makes a change from giving tech support on the Raspberry Pi mini computer, have fun. Have just installed Adblock Plus - version 2.0.3,thank you.
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.