To all SecretLeeds-ers

Got a question about Secret Leeds? Start here
dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Hello everyone, hope you're all well. Just a quick note, as I've been asked by some of the moderators and users to clear up any confusion that may exist about posting on SecretLeeds.Keep it cleanPlease don't use foul language, swearing or other offensive language on this site. There is an automatic filter for many swearwords which replaces the offending blooper with the words "<edited for content>". That sorts out many such incidents. However, some folks think using asterisks, blanked out letters, or other such things makes it OK to swear. It isn't, please don't do it.Don't get me wrong - I swear like a trooper at the best of times, it's all part of the rich tapestry of the English language to be used as and when appropriate. But this is a public funded website for all the people of Leeds and beyond - it isn't appropriate here.As a rule of thumb:If you wouldn't say it in a public meeting, or in a normal office, college or workplace, then don't do it on SL.(NB The term 'normal workplace' does not include army barracks, navvies canteens, the Four Leeds Pubs of the Apocalypse, or similar establishments... even if you do work in one!)Be niceInternet forums can be a funny old place at times. It's a bit like driving a car - you get detached from other roadusers in your little bubble, and say and do things you wouldn't dream of saying/doing to someone's face. Likewise, it's very easy for words on screen to be misinterpreted, without having that immediate face-to-face response.What I'm trying to say is, go out of your way to be nice to other SL users wherever possible. And if you can't be nice, it's best to say nothing at all. Everyone's here cos they're interested in Leeds and its many facets. Let's try to keep it friendly, and everyone can enjoy themselves. Sounds good no?Brothers and sistersNeedless to say - anyone who uses language which is deemed to be abusive, offensive or inciting hatred towards any race, gender or religion will be getting booted off the site permanently.Think that's about it folks. Hope you all continue to enjoy SLCheers.dsco    
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.