Improving SecretLeeds

Got a question about Secret Leeds? Start here
cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Some great ideas from Marcus,but im with everyone else viz rankings.There are frequent accustaions of a "Clique" on SL,and no matter what is said,the perception of some people is that there is such a "Clique".I wouldnt welcome any such rankning system,especially as Liits quite rightly pointed out that some of are best posters are infrquent contributors,those who come in and check the site out,probably daily,and when there is anything that intersts them they contribute.In fact if there is anyone who matches this profile then why not contribute your ideas,the more the merrier.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Think I've fixed the issue with images displaying correctly (not the uploading problem, though I think I might have found the reason for that too).Could you have a look around the site and check that old threads (prior to 2011ish) are now displaying their images and not the red cross box, default image icon or any other form of error? The ones in irregular features seem to be OK now anyway.    
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Using Chrome the images on the first few pages of the skulls thread are certainly displaying. I'll have a furhter poke round but its a bit hit and miss finding threads with images attached to at least one post
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

tilly

Post by tilly »

Is it me i find if i use chrome to post photographs it will not work? I will try it now if you dont mind
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Another thing that would be handy is a 'next page' or arrow device when reading a multi-page thread. The numbers are quite tiny and hard to click on.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Tilly to be clear, Dunki has only, at the moment*, solved the issue of already uploaded images being displayed. He hasn't yet solved the issue behind uploading images especially if not using Internet Explorer.Note that uploaded images are on posts with a paperclip icon, images can also be embedded into posts and they always appeared correctly (assuming the poster managed to get the tags and url of the image correct).*given everything else hes fixed in the week I'm sure its only a matter of time and very short at that
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

Derculees

Post by Derculees »

I could'nt find login until I opened this thread.
Touch not but the glove

tilly

Post by tilly »

tyke bhoy wrote: Tilly to be clear, Dunki has only, at the moment*, solved the issue of already uploaded images being displayed. He hasn't yet solved the issue behind uploading images especially if not using Internet Explorer.Note that uploaded images are on posts with a paperclip icon, images can also be embedded into posts and they always appeared correctly (assuming the poster managed to get the tags and url of the image correct).*given everything else hes fixed in the week I'm sure its only a matter of time and very short at that I tyke bhoy Thanks for that i am not the best on this thing but has long as i know it is not me then its ok. Just a thought google goes off the air this year so i will keep my fjngers crossed.I must say dsco is doing a great job.    
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

I realise it might take up too much memory Duncan,but is there any chance of adding a files section?I have various old out of copyright pdf books on Leeds history grabbed from various places on the net which could be uploaded as a resource to such an area.    
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

That sounds like a good idea Steve, storage shouldn't be a problem - I'll put it on the list.
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.