Hunslet RLFC - the 'jamjar' team

Your favourite days out round Leeds
drapesy

Post by drapesy »

carith wrote: sorry correct year wrong date and opponents I'm talking cricket here!    
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

carith

Post by carith »

sorry thought you was talking rugby

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

carith wrote: sorry thought you was talking rugby No, so what was the last rugby match?
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

carith

Post by carith »

January 28th 1888 against Bingley.10 points for the first game at Parkside??

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

According to a source I have it was on 11/02/1888 Hunslet v MirfieldFor some reason it would appear that the Cricket section of the club remained at Woodhouse Hill for the 1888 season, although the Rugby section had already moved to Parkside. Perhaps the cricket pitch wasn't ready. By 1889 season the Cricket club was playing at Parkside.    

carith

Post by carith »

Ten points for this person'The club took over the tenancy at parkside which, when they did this is was a a mess full of pit stacks. Within a fortnight the supporters had cleared the area to make it fit for rugby. They even dismantled the stand and re-erected it at the new (188ground. This may explain why the cricket side of the club moved at a later dayI wonder if the same commitment would be given to-day

Hirdstreet

Post by Hirdstreet »

Could anyone tell me whereabouts they got all the Hunslet facts.As a Hunslet supporter myself i thought i knew all the websites to visit for the history of the club but i must have missed some because i couldn't find those answers anywhere (or if it came from a book, which one).I have nowhere near as much knowledge as some of the people that i see at the SLS every week, but i do enjoy reading up on the history of the club so i would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

Hirdstreet wrote: Could anyone tell me whereabouts they got all the Hunslet facts.As a Hunslet supporter myself i thought i knew all the websites to visit for the history of the club but i must have missed some because i couldn't find those answers anywhere (or if it came from a book, which one).I have nowhere near as much knowledge as some of the people that i see at the SLS every week, but i do enjoy reading up on the history of the club so i would appreciate being pointed in the right direction. My info comes from 2 sources, "The grounds of Rugby League " by Trevor Delaney and "The cricket Grounds of Yorkshire" by Steven Draper.Both are a bit out of date now but I think could be found on Amazon

carith

Post by carith »

Hi Hirdstreet,My source comes from various original programmes and booklets. The information for this particular club came from ' Hunslet Cricket, Footbal & Athletic Club' Diamond Jubilee souvenir handbook.