Record Shops - a misspent youth

Your favourite days out round Leeds
stevief

Post by stevief »

bramley13 wrote: and its not new road sid, its new road side I went there once.Wasn't it down a slope between 2 large houses/shops,same side as the P.O.?

bramley13

Post by bramley13 »

the one you mean was a large building concrete with blue facia board.the one that everyone went to is further up,just past nat west bank,was a barbers shop last time i passed

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

what was the one opposite and to the left of the fforde grene called? i would use that when waiting for the hourly knaresboro' bus in the late 70s early 80s
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

stevief

Post by stevief »

wiggy wrote: what was the one opposite and to the left of the fforde grene called? i would use that when waiting for the hourly knaresboro' bus in the late 70s early 80s I think it was called 'Project' wiggy.For no real reason I sold somedecent LP's there-for a pittance.I was crazy to do it,I didn't even need the money!

zip55

Post by zip55 »

I traded all my parents old singles at Project. Got enough for them to go swimming at Armley baths. Used to bike over there from Oakwood. Can you imagine kids doing anything like that now? (the biking and swimming, not selling the records).

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Reginal Perrin wrote: I can't remember a Virgin shop prior to the two they had on Briggate.     Virgin was deffo on King Edward Street , next to or close to Boodleam. I remember queuing up from about 22:00 one Friday night for tickets to see Led Zeppelin at Earls Court, London. I think that would have been in 1975.I also remember the big settees with headphones.You used to be able to get bootleg albums from Gerrolls in the Merrion Centre indoor market.Scene and heard, mentioned earlier in this thread, rings a bell but I cannot recall going in.I don't think I have ever been in Crash records but it was run by a lad in my class at school (Ian De ???). Don't know if that is still the case.

oldleedsman

Post by oldleedsman »

Gandalf wrote: Reginal Perrin wrote: I can't remember a Virgin shop prior to the two they had on Briggate.     Virgin was deffo on King Edward Street , next to or close to Boodleam. I remember queuing up from about 22:00 one Friday night for tickets to see Led Zeppelin at Earls Court, London. I think that would have been in 1975.I also remember the big settees with headphones.You used to be able to get bootleg albums from Gerrolls in the Merrion Centre indoor market.Scene and heard, mentioned earlier in this thread, rings a bell but I cannot recall going in.I don't think I have ever been in Crash records but it was run by a lad in my class at school (Ian De ???). Don't know if that is still the case. Virgin and Boodle-am were both on Queen Victoria Street, not King Edward Street. I'm 100% certain about this.

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

oldleedsman wrote: Gandalf wrote: Reginal Perrin wrote: I can't remember a Virgin shop prior to the two they had on Briggate.     Virgin was deffo on King Edward Street , next to or close to Boodleam. I remember queuing up from about 22:00 one Friday night for tickets to see Led Zeppelin at Earls Court, London. I think that would have been in 1975.I also remember the big settees with headphones.You used to be able to get bootleg albums from Gerrolls in the Merrion Centre indoor market.Scene and heard, mentioned earlier in this thread, rings a bell but I cannot recall going in.I don't think I have ever been in Crash records but it was run by a lad in my class at school (Ian De ???). Don't know if that is still the case. Virgin and Boodle-am were both on Queen Victoria Street, not King Edward Street. I'm 100% certain about this. Yep, Queen Vic Street definitely.

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Geordie-exile wrote: oldleedsman wrote: Gandalf wrote: Reginal Perrin wrote: I can't remember a Virgin shop prior to the two they had on Briggate.     Virgin was deffo on King Edward Street , next to or close to Boodleam. I remember queuing up from about 22:00 one Friday night for tickets to see Led Zeppelin at Earls Court, London. I think that would have been in 1975.I also remember the big settees with headphones.You used to be able to get bootleg albums from Gerrolls in the Merrion Centre indoor market.Scene and heard, mentioned earlier in this thread, rings a bell but I cannot recall going in.I don't think I have ever been in Crash records but it was run by a lad in my class at school (Ian De ???). Don't know if that is still the case. Virgin and Boodle-am were both on Queen Victoria Street, not King Edward Street. I'm 100% certain about this. Yep, Queen Vic Street definitely. Yep, my mistake, I remember the location but not the street name

jdncoke

Post by jdncoke »

Hi Gandalf it was Ian de Whyttle at crash records i was at st micks in the same class with him . he's still at crash ,talked to him a while back.