Lost Night-Clubs of Leeds!

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
volvojack

Re: Lost Night-Clubs of Leeds!

Postby volvojack » Tue 19 Feb, 2019 3:24 pm

Can't remember what the original name was of the Night Club on Albion Walk when it first opened. I do recall that when the excavation work began behind there years some later the workmen wore face masks and passed the remains of what had been a burial site of cholera or plague over the roof.
Maybe some one can enlighten me
iansmithofotley

Postby iansmithofotley » Tue 19 Feb, 2019 4:58 pm

Hi Jack,

Do you mean the 'Three Coins' which was downstairs and opened in the early 1960's? I think that it was later called the 'Lido Review Club'. Above the club premises was one of the first Asian restaurants (not take-away) in Leeds. It was called the 'P &I' (Pakistani and Indian).

Ian
volvojack

Postby volvojack » Tue 19 Feb, 2019 8:34 pm

Spot on Ian,
My Pal and workmate Bob Blumberg was on the door and his future wife to be Sandra was the Cashier. I had a few boozy nights in there in the 60's
Emerson

Postby Emerson » Thu 04 Apr, 2019 8:24 pm

Anyone remember. Scrumpies or Adam and Eve's. On central road. Just off Duncan street near the corn exchange . A heavy rock place. Went there from 1986 to 1991 . Loud,smoky Feet stuck to the floor. What a place. Good times. They would play anything from deep purple to iron maiden to Emerson lake and Palmer to Bon jovi . 30 p to get in.

polos

Postby polos » Sun 07 Apr, 2019 4:55 am

volvojack wrote:Can't remember what the original name was of the Night Club on Albion Walk when it first opened. I do recall that when the excavation work began behind there years some later the workmen wore face masks and passed the remains of what had been a burial site of cholera or plague over the roof.
Maybe some one can enlighten me
Looking at old maps in the late 1800s there was a chapel on albion walk with a grave yard in front and behind.