Leeds jazz in the 60's

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Leeds Jazz players in LondonRiverboat Shuffle 1949Ed O'Donnell in hat & sunglasses

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

And, finally, I think Jazz was played hereTwenty five years ago! 88 sounds sort of recent to me.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Some more vintage picsColyer ~ O'Donnell ~ BilkVernon Street RamblersLeeds Town Hall Steps - belowbelow Yorkshire Jazz BandR to LBarclay ~ O'Donnell ~ Enson ~ Hawdon ~ Harperbelow Town Hall StepsRag WeekVernon Street RamblersbelowLeeds UniversityPre-Rag advertsCooper ~ Williams ~ O'Donnell ~ ?Rubberlips ~ Greenwood ~ Bell ?below - Vernon Street RamblersCollege Dance 1949thought to be Astoria    

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Roy Greenwood on piano, left.Roy's funeral featured on earlier posts. Roy died tragically young after taking his own life.below Yorkshire Eve Post 26.1.1994article regarding Tetleys and The Adelphi PubParamount Jazz Band 1950's playing at The AdelphiO'Donnell ~ Boland ~ Hill drums    

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

(?) Bastable ~ O'Donnell ~ Colyer ~ WheelerEd O'Donnell Band with J Wheeler clarinetEd O'Donnell late 1950'sE O'Donnell & Ken ColyerInvoice 8th December 1945John Scheerer & Sons 1 & 3 Skinner Lane Leeds 7Telephone 25245         1 Brass Trombone £11Customer Mr O'Donnell (1st Trombone)>>>>>>can someone explain the stamps to me<<<<<<<<Vernon Street Ramblers Band at UniversityFrom TopCooper ~ O'Donnell ~ Disley ~ Bell ~ (?rubberlip?)Piano: Roy Greenwood ~ Trumpet: Williams

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Studio 20, Leeds [>>where was this?<<]Wheeler ~ Colyer ~ O'Donnellunknown undated thought to be Ripponden?Commemorating the death of Geo Lewis - Huddersfield?

jim

Post by jim »

Stamps on documents were (and in some cases still are) used to verify the content, usually by a signature across the stamp or stamps. Often used in receipts, contracts, and, at one time, on births, deaths, and marriage certificates.    

vjs

Post by vjs »

I'm puzzled-where the latest photos from Ed O'Donnell should be I'm seeing an empty frame telling me in several languages that these photos cannot be viewed at present, but I've been told by another user that he has viewed them. Have I got a gremlin and if so does anyone know how to get rid of it?
vjs

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

vjs wrote: I'm puzzled-where the latest photos from Ed O'Donnell should be I'm seeing an empty frame telling me in several languages that these photos cannot be viewed at present, but I've been told by another user that he has viewed them. Have I got a gremlin and if so does anyone know how to get rid of it? vjsI can solve your puzzle. No it's not a gremlin at your end, and yes you could previously see them.I spent 'a lot' of time and effort uploading and transferring these images. And then same again adding titles and uploading to SL.Many of the older ones are still up there. Having investigated what happened, the most recent set put me over my 'bandwidth' and got deleted (or £20 charge to me).Please bear with me. To remedy this will involve some more time I can't really justify at the moment. [edit ps]on the last visible pic, a chap is peeping over the piano float. There was some mention that this was "Henry Moore". It is, but Henry Moore the drummer not the sculptor.

vjs

Post by vjs »

Many thanks-glad to know that for once it's not me or my computer being a bit slow. We all enjoy the photos, thanks for giving so much time. I have a few photos I could add but when I click on Add attachment there's no response-can someone solve this one for me too? regards vjs
vjs