In Time, Merrion Centre

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

The door half way up the ramp? Just checked on streetview and that is called Subculture on there.That was TC's (Top Cats) during the 90's? (The original TC's was a street or two away near the old registry office). Rough as a badgers it was, but strangely alluring after a belly full of ale with admission virtually guaranteed.TC's is of course not to be confused with the T&C which was somewhere completely different.    
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Subculture was a (relatively) recent incarnation I think Davey.

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Just a footnote here - the InTime gets a mention as where Sir Jimell met up with his ladyfriend in the late sixties.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... r.htmlMind you, she says one of the places they went to was the opening of the new YPN building, and that the initial relationship ended in 1970. That can't be true, since the building was only officially opened in 1971 [by Prince Charles].

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

Le Pnono used to be lne of my favourite places to get away from the trendies and listen to some decent music, usually metal or industrial, and dance without worrying about hassle if you spilled a pint.I was actually licky enough to get to see the basement and fire exit too when I worked on the demolition site above the Wade Lane subway. This was fascinating to me as I had a vague recollection of the subway being open as well as memories of nights in Le Phono. How I wish I had a camera phone back then, heck, I didn't own a camera or a phone.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Borrowed from Facebook - Le Phonographique in the Merrion Centre

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

I'm sure many of has have descended those stairs...

tilly

Post by tilly »

Jogon wrote: I'm sure many of has have descended those stairs... And crawled back up them He He.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

jim

Post by jim »

And experienced the paddling facilities in the Gents

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

But how many of you have followed the fire exit out and seen the many beer pipes that fed the place and others?

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Barfly - wish you'd been with us, coulda got out soonerI can remember it like it was yesterday [That's quite enough - Ed]A quiet night in the Nags we said...