In Time, Merrion Centre

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
julianem

Post by julianem »

Does no one remember the fabulous InTime? I think it was owned by the late Jimmy Saville. I saw him there on the door once. Amazing interior with clocks and huge cog wheels. Very chic. And great music. Motown, Atlantic, Stax.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

I think you'll find it along with all the others, in here -http://www.secretleeds.co.uk/forum/Mess ... ighLight=1

julianem

Post by julianem »

Well, no mention of the InTime there.

jdbythesea

Post by jdbythesea »

julianem wrote: Does no one remember the fabulous InTime? I think it was owned by the late Jimmy Saville. I saw him there on the door once. Amazing interior with clocks and huge cog wheels. Very chic. And great music. Motown, Atlantic, Stax. Have a look at a post from rylo - October 2008.

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

I remember the Intime but I can't remember where exactly it was in the Merrion Centre.

julianem

Post by julianem »

Enter off Wade Street, then through a door and downstairs under the Merrion Centre. DJ inside a giant watch, cogs on the ceiling and a girl dancing in a cage. expensive, but cool.

julianem

Post by julianem »

Of course it never occurred to me at the time that it meant Intime - the French for intimate.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

julianem wrote: Well, no mention of the InTime there. Actually there is on at least three pages but, to be honest I did think there was more than the short references found there!

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

julianem wrote: Enter off Wade Street, then through a door and downstairs under the Merrion Centre. DJ inside a giant watch, cogs on the ceiling and a girl dancing in a cage. expensive, but cool. Thanks! Wade Lane? Whereabouts on Wade Lane though? Is the doorway still there?     

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Geordie-exile wrote: julianem wrote: Enter off Wade Street, then through a door and downstairs under the Merrion Centre. DJ inside a giant watch, cogs on the ceiling and a girl dancing in a cage. expensive, but cool. Thanks! Wade Lane? Whereabouts on Wade Lane though? Is the doorway still there?      Known under a few names since then Geordie (Phono?) until finally closing and the 'public' entrance being removed.The story was that it had to close when when TCS proclaimed their intention to make it a closed precinct at night - locked doors and all that - which hasn't happened and doubtfully ever will with the Arena coming next door!There are a few pics around on site in the threads on the disused subways of other bits of the basements in the Merrion Centre. This thread has some pidc of Subculture (once Top Cats) which was entered from the Merion St/Wade Lane ramp which led to the Phono entrance further up -http://www.secretleeds.co.uk/forum/Mess ... ighLight=1