Tetley Bitter

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

Garden Gate ,Hunslet was one of few pubs left who contined to take vast quantities of beer in the traditional hogsheads(i.e.54 gallons) due to the amount that people supped.You never went in for a couple of pints only..........lucky to "escape"after a gallon,depending who you met and talked to.Was normal for most regulars to drink 10 pints+ most nights !
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

A midlands relative has been telling me to try some Banks's Sunbeam "..A gloriously zesty blonde, releasing tangy citrus and grapefruit overtones.."Anyone know where this can be supped?

simong

Post by simong »

Jogon wrote: A midlands relative has been telling me to try some Banks's Sunbeam "..A gloriously zesty blonde, releasing tangy citrus and grapefruit overtones.."Anyone know where this can be supped? Not many Banks's pubs around here. Might be a guest on some Marston's pubs, but I think it was a summer beer. Leeds Samba is pretty similar by all accounts, although that's a seasonal too. I can see that people are ticking it on Untappd but mostly in the Midlands.

majorhoundii

Post by majorhoundii »

Jogon wrote: A midlands relative has been telling me to try some Banks's Sunbeam "..A gloriously zesty blonde, releasing tangy citrus and grapefruit overtones.."Anyone know where this can be supped? I've seen Banks on daught at the Grove, but not recently. I haven't had a pint of cask ale due to holidays and whatnot since the end of September. I went to Bradford for a curry on Friday (Sheesh Mahal - best in Bradford) and had a pint of my fave beer Landlord at the Fighting Cocks - it was the best pint of Landlord I've tasted this year !

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Major thanksI haven't had a night in Bradford for too long, used to like the New Beehive, might try your curry recomm too