lost pub !

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

BLAKEY wrote: stutterdog wrote: [I must have driven past this pub hundreds of times but I can't remember seeing it! Must be getting old! Oh your not on your own there Sir - I don't suppose I'd remember it if I hadn't lived nearby and been an occasional patron - plus from my own point of view it does appear on many a vintage transport picture of the area. On second thoughts Blakey and going back 30 odd years I think I can vaguely remember as I drove the last 77 sevice bus on a Fri. Sat and Sunday to Bramley Town End going like the clappers down Kirkstall Hill to beat the lights at the Star and Garter and seeing would -be passengers come dashing out of the Abbey pub door after the bus, Hoping to catch it outside the S&G! I think they nearly always did as there was a big queue there! LOL
ex-Armley lad

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

[quotenick="stutterdogOn second thoughts Blakey and going back 30 odd years I think I can vaguely remember as I drove the last 77 sevice bus on a Fri. Sat and Sunday to Bramley Town End going like the clappers down Kirkstall Hill to beat the lights at the Star and Garter and seeing would -be passengers come dashing out of the Abbey pub door after the bus, Hoping to catch it outside the S&G! I think they nearly always did as there was a big queue there! LOL Kindly remit a postal order for seven and sixpence to pay for my shoes re-soling as I trudged up to Town End !! Only kidding - I actually lived in Argie Terrace, top of Burley Hill near "Timothy Whites."
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

BLAKEY wrote: [quotenick="stutterdogOn second thoughts Blakey and going back 30 odd years I think I can vaguely remember as I drove the last 77 sevice bus on a Fri. Sat and Sunday to Bramley Town End going like the clappers down Kirkstall Hill to beat the lights at the Star and Garter and seeing would -be passengers come dashing out of the Abbey pub door after the bus, Hoping to catch it outside the S&G! I think they nearly always did as there was a big queue there! LOL Kindly remit a postal order for seven and sixpence to pay for my shoes re-soling as I trudged up to Town End !! Only kidding - I actually lived in Argie Terrace, top of Burley Hill near "Timothy Whites."I'll buy you a pint at the Bramley reunion next April!
ex-Armley lad

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

[quotenick="stutterdogI'll buy you a pint at the Bramley reunion next April!EE by gum that'll be reet champion - always a good "do" at the reunion, and I'm always glad to be made welcome even though I'm an "incummer" from Headingley
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.