'Adam & Eves'

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
Richard A Thackeray

Post by Richard A Thackeray »

I know it wasn't a pub, but it seems the logical place for this thread, as it was alicensed premisesSo, does anyone remember it, on Central Road, down in the basement?I saw the following bands thereKing KurtThe MeteorsRestless (several times)Guana Batz

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Richard A Thackeray

Thanks, it's mentioned a couple of times

simong

Post by simong »

RichT wrote: I saw the following bands thereKing KurtThe MeteorsRestless (several times)Guana Batz Hmm, I'm sensing a pattern there... did you have an unfeasible quiff at the time?Saw King Kurt at Teesside Poly when I was there. It still rates as the most frightening gig I've ever been to.

LeeRatbag

Post by LeeRatbag »

Love all those bands, but the only one I saw was the Meteors (at the Duchess, somewhere around 1990). Still the most violent gig I've ever seen. I would have loved to see King Kurt, they were amazing.

Richard A Thackeray

simong wrote: RichT wrote: I saw the following bands thereKing KurtThe MeteorsRestless (several times)Guana Batz Hmm, I'm sensing a pattern there... did you have an unfeasible quiff at the time?Saw King Kurt at Teesside Poly when I was there. It still rates as the most frightening gig I've ever been to. 1. Yes, I had a quiff, but not of the King Kurt proportions.Got to agree, KK gigs were a bit raucous LeeRatbag wrote: Love all those bands, but the only one I saw was the Meteors (at the Duchess, somewhere around 1990). Still the most violent gig I've ever seen. The Meteors gigs could be a bit iffy too, as there was a contingnecy of punks that also attended.As for the music?Restless were superb, with a wonder (left-handed) guitarist called Mark Harman - previously of Dave Philips & The Hot Rod Gang - who did a marvellously rocking cover of Gloria Jones's 'Tainted Love'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLQnrK9c ... kabillyThe Stray Cats were musically unbeatable though (saw them at the University)Brian Setzer now has an Orchestra (the 'BSO') & they're spot on!, if you like guitar music, & possibly swing/jive

LeeRatbag

Post by LeeRatbag »

The Brian Setzer Orchestra are amazing. Their "Dirty Boogie" album is the one record guaranteed to improve my mood no matter what. Brilliant stuff.