Sir John Betjeman on the Architecture of Leeds - First ever showing of 1968 documentary FREE at the Town Hall tonight.

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
Chrism

Post by Chrism »

simong wrote: chameleon wrote: It's all just so, proper isn't it? Wonderful piece. (Yes BBC Media player usually is poo!) They've done a terrible job of digitising it. I have a couple of contacts in BBC Online, I might see if anyone can find out about their plans for it. See if any of 'em could put it onto DVD for you Si.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

chameleon wrote: simong wrote: chameleon wrote: It's all just so, proper isn't it? Wonderful piece. (Yes BBC Media player usually is poo!) They've done a terrible job of digitising it. I have a couple of contacts in BBC Online, I might see if anyone can find out about their plans for it. How did you view it? Pretty rough on Real Player but that tends to be low quality though doesn't it?I'm not sure we can entirely blame the transfer, on the TV programme the lady from the Film Archives was saying they had restored almost the entire film frame by frame so it could have been quite dire to start with. The snippets on TV weren't as bad as viewing on-line. I watched it on real Player but not full screen, I viewed it on the middle one.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

I couldn't get it to play at all in Media Player...will try Real Player tomorrow.
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

raveydavey wrote: I couldn't get it to play at all in Media Player...will try Real Player tomorrow. It says file not found - perhaps to note to Auntie Beeb with a grumble id due.

simong

Post by simong »

I'm in the process of grabbing a copy that someone has converted into a better format from RealMedia. If anyone wants a copy, raise your hand

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

*Raises right hand and tries to attract Simons attention* Ooh yes me please... ... ... ...

simong

Post by simong »

Chrism wrote: *Raises right hand and tries to attract Simons attention* Ooh yes me please... ... ... ... Chuck me an address to the email in my profile and I'll try and make a DVD out of it.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

simong wrote: Chrism wrote: *Raises right hand and tries to attract Simons attention* Ooh yes me please... ... ... ... Chuck me an address to the email in my profile and I'll try and make a DVD out of it. Simon that would be magic - The actual show has been added to the website and bbc media player is working but frankly, the quality of even the programme is appalling.I'd love to get hold of something watchable.

simong

Post by simong »

chameleon wrote: simong wrote: Chrism wrote: *Raises right hand and tries to attract Simons attention* Ooh yes me please... ... ... ... Chuck me an address to the email in my profile and I'll try and make a DVD out of it. Simon that would be magic - The actual show has been added to the website and bbc media player is working but frankly, the quality of even the programme is appalling.I'd love to get hold of something watchable. It is just taken from the higher resolution file on the site but it looks a lot better at full screen on my laptop. Like Chris, send me an email.

slw

Post by slw »

Hi SimongI've had problems playing this from the BBC site, would it be possible to have a copy please?Thanks