Sir John Betjeman on the Architecture of Leeds - First ever showing of 1968 documentary FREE at the Town Hall tonight.

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Saw this just in time to switch on - only snippets of the film used in the programme comparing then and now BUT, the whole film is available, they told us, on Inside out's web page.http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/content/ ... e.shtmlThe bits shown on TV included Spenfield House, Temple Mills, the Old Seacroft Shopping Centre, a blackened Town Hall - but no sign of 'Tasa's Ladies!' Surely enough interest could cause this to be relaesed for sale?

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

chameleon wrote: Saw this just in time to switch on - only snippets of the film used in the programme comparing then and now BUT, the whole film is available, they told us, on Inside out's web page.http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/content/ ... e.shtmlThe bits shown on TV included Spenfield House, Temple Mills, the Old Seacroft Shopping Centre, a blackened Town Hall - but no sign of 'Tasa's Ladies!' Surely enough interest could cause this to be relaesed for sale? Good shot chameleon nice one
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

oldleedsman

Post by oldleedsman »

I can't seem to get the full original film to play. Is it just me?

oldleedsman

Post by oldleedsman »

Have just changed my player to Real Player instead of Windows Media Player and it's fine now. Would be great to get a copy as well.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

chameleon wrote: Saw this just in time to switch on - only snippets of the film used in the programme comparing then and now BUT, the whole film is available, they told us, on Inside out's web page.http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/content/ ... e.shtmlThe bits shown on TV included Spenfield House, Temple Mills, the Old Seacroft Shopping Centre, a blackened Town Hall - but no sign of 'Tasa's Ladies!' Surely enough interest could cause this to be relaesed for sale? Everytime I try to open this link it shuts my puter down!! Help.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

I've cracked it now!!

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

A very good programme, it should be put out on DVD. I love his description of the 'new Leeds' ... ... ... "the battle of the cubes, Money getting slabs"

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

It's all just so, proper isn't it? Wonderful piece. (Yes BBC Media player usually is poo!)

simong

Post by simong »

chameleon wrote: It's all just so, proper isn't it? Wonderful piece. (Yes BBC Media player usually is poo!) They've done a terrible job of digitising it. I have a couple of contacts in BBC Online, I might see if anyone can find out about their plans for it.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

simong wrote: chameleon wrote: It's all just so, proper isn't it? Wonderful piece. (Yes BBC Media player usually is poo!) They've done a terrible job of digitising it. I have a couple of contacts in BBC Online, I might see if anyone can find out about their plans for it. How did you view it? Pretty rough on Real Player but that tends to be low quality though doesn't it?I'm not sure we can entirely blame the transfer, on the TV programme the lady from the Film Archives was saying they had restored almost the entire film frame by frame so it could have been quite dire to start with. The snippets on TV weren't as bad as viewing on-line.